Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
We're going to wait a bit. Reason being is we're probably going to get a blue-ray player, and until we make that decision, it'll stay in the store as with all the other movies that we recently were considering. We already saw it on the big screen, so waiting a bit longer won't kill us.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
We're going to wait a bit. Reason being is we're probably going to get a blue-ray player, and until we make that decision, it'll stay in the store as with all the other movies that we recently were considering. We already saw it on the big screen, so waiting a bit longer won't kill us.
Can you watch blue ray discs in a regular DVD player?
I know you won't get the same effect, just curious if it will play.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
OA, it's the other way around. You can watch regular DVDs in a blu-ray, but not a blu-ray in a regular DVD. Blu-ray doesn't do HD DVDs either, so I was told by an audio/video-phile from where I work (he has a mini-theater in his house!).

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Idk if you are into video games as well but you should look into getting a PS3. Has a Blu ray player built in, and you can also go onto the PS network and download movies. Decent Blu ray player is around $200, imo for an extra $100 it is def worth it. just my .02

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
OA, it's the other way around. You can watch regular DVDs in a blu-ray, but not a blu-ray in a regular DVD. Blu-ray doesn't do HD DVDs either, so I was told by an audio/video-phile from where I work (he has a mini-theater in his house!).
Quoted for truth.

Blu-ray players use a different laser than normal DVD players.
It'd be the equivalent of playing a LP in a CD player. ;)
HD DVDs are also a totally different format than blu-ray. My grandfather bought a HD DVD player while I kept telling him that he should get a blu-ray instead. But, as always, noone ever listens to me. Now he's stuck with a HD DVD player he can't fully use since noone makes HD DVD movies anymore. :D

EDIT: Also..if Blu-ray movies could be played on normal DVD players..then there wouldn't be a need for normal DVD's anymore. :p

EDITx2: The funny thing about Blu-ray lasers is that..they're actually quite purple:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can you watch blue ray discs in a regular DVD player?
I know you won't get the same effect, just curious if it will play.
You can watch DVDs on a Blue ray player, but I'm pretty sure a blue ray will not play on a DVD player...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My grandfather bought a HD DVD player while I kept telling him that he should get a blu-ray instead. But, as always, noone ever listens to me. Now he's stuck with a HD DVD player he can't fully use since noone makes HD DVD movies anymore. :D

I have a HD-DVD player and I LIKE IT!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just watched it tonight for the first time, My son and wife saw it in the theater, waited in line, and that turned out to be my reason that I bought a Camaro instead of a Challenger because my lovely wife and son wouldnt stop saying BumbleBee for days! I felt it was a funny,action packed,on your seat kinda movie, Well worth it.....Great Job, and money well spent to advertise the new Camaro!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
With this one, it's like the "Jurassic Park" sequels. We've seen all the special effects before, so they really need better plot and dialogue to actually carry the story. The plot made little to no sense. They added new characters all over the place, including a bunch of "generic" Decepticons for the final battle, and tried to throw in a huge amount of back story that was left out of the first one. I also agree with the post above that the final battle was a bit anti- climatic. I don't want to sound like a dick because this movie wasn't Shakespeare, but you can have a blockbuster action film with a coherent plot. It's still a fun movie, but I think it could have been better, even though it's about giant robots. I've read that the writer's strike may have really screwed with the timing of this film in particular and I think that's probably true. Hopefully the third one will be better.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
A little late to the party, ain't we there teresacollins? (if that's your REAL name.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
:eek:wned: Both of them, I and II.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts