Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where is that??? I live so close to where they film it yet I never know where to be to see the camaro I haven't seen one yet face to grill

·
Registered
244 Posts
they are doing alot of filming in fairmount park which is a short drive away and also Bethlehem PA

·
Registered
275 Posts
Go ahead and hate me, but I really don't mind that front fascia. I hate it in that color, its way too gawdy, but I could see it working with a dark gray or blue. I agree with Torrent, its very fast and the furious riceriffic as is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's some more pics from today.

I didn't realize it, but there are two Camaros. One has flood lights on the hood that were aimed at the interior and a camera mounted on the driver's door also aimed inside. The other has nothing mounted on it, so I guess it's for external shots.

Both are fiberglass bodies, with a bare minimum of instrumentation. The main instrument pod has a totally different design from the concept or production car. The console gauges are blanked out with yellowish backgrounds. The manual shifter looked billet, somewhat like the concept and the other is an auto that I think looks more like the production one.

The black areas on the front are indentations with small driving lights in the corners. The headlights are real. They have a big hood scoop at the front of the hood. The tail lights are LEDS. There is no door glass, doors are all hollow. I think the windshield is plexiglass. The interior is mostly complete. The wipers are fake as are the wheels. They are 22's but have thick aluminum covers with huge fake drilled brake rotors. No AC. They have V8s, but the driver didn't say what size.

I met Megan Fox and my buddy got her autograph. (He has her picture under the hood of the old Camaro on his desktop). There were also stunt doubles for them too.

They are supposed to be doing explosions tonight along the road. I saw them reeling out what I guess was det cord and bags of explosive charges and big trash bags filled with something for effects, I guess.

Pretty cool as it was my first time being around a film crew.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Thanks for the Info!

Those cars looks great on screen, but I have to admit- it is surprising how incomplete they actually are....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot, on the car with the camera and lighting equipment, there was a master cylinder assembly with a booster mounted on the floor of the trunk. Instead of linkage, it was actuated by a hydraulic line. And ****-it, I forgot to ask what that was all about! That really intrigued me. I wonder if there is a slave cylinder on the brake pedal actuating this. The hood was never open so I'm only guessing that maybe there wasn't room or another reason to mount the m/c back there.

They also used a bunch of Optima 12 volt batteries in the trunk to power the lights and camera.

Larry

·
Registered
620 Posts
i like the color, the strips, the fact that the quarter grills are black to make them stand out, but that front end looks horriable, the cut out are way to big. nice find though on the picks, keep an eye out for anymore

1 - 16 of 16 Posts