Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Transformers could be coming to BD soon with this latest announcement from Paramount Pictures. Paramount Pictures which produced "Transfomers" Have now officially gone Bluray Disc exclusive.

Paramount seals Blu-ray sweep

All six major Hollywood studios are now in the Blu-ray Disc camp, a day after Toshiba has pulled the plug on HD DVD and Blu-ray became effectively the only next-gen game in town.

Paramount Home Entertainment quietly came onboard via a statement sent exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday: "We are pleased that the industry is moving to a single high-definition format, as we believe it is in the best interest of the consumer," the statement reads. "As we look to (begin) releasing our titles on Blu-ray, we will monitor consumer adoption and determine our release plans accordingly."

No further details were given.

Universal Studios Home Entertainment, in contrast, cast its lot with Blu-ray within hours of Toshiba's announcement Tuesday morning that it was ending the format war by ceasing the development, manufacture and marketing of HD DVD players by the end of March. Universal made a big splash with its announcement, sending media outlets a statement from division president Craig Kornblau in which he said, "While Universal values the close partnership we have shared with Toshiba, it is time to turn our focus to releasing new and catalog titles on Blu-ray."

·
2,774 Posts
depends on what you consider good Kirkland? Lets put it this way its a fun "summer blockbuster" movie. The main focus is the action, hot babes and again action. If your expecting a long drawn out plot with many sub stories then no..its not that. If your looking for a movie that has awsome cars that turn into robots to fight other robots and alot of explosions then yes thats what your getting. Also if your not a fan of Transformers it might take a way a little of the impact it has for us who do think it was a great movie. :D

go enjoy it and dont go in expecting to much but just some wow factor..an action movie story line and alot of action.
actually to set it up...here expect about this ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo

awsome ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
nope, I was thinking about seeing it just because the New Camaro was in it, but decided against it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Other then the fact that Transformers was kick ass...I know a few others reasons why it should come out on bluray.

1. Micheal Bay wanted it on Bluray from the start...so I am sure he is now pushing it.
2. The movie was a HUGE success so they would be stupid not to release it on bluray.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a HD version of it on Xbox Live Marketplace I'm downloading right now. Gunna wait till my little brother comes back to watch it thou.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
It's one of my all time favorites now. I can watch it over and over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts