Modern Camaro Forums banner

Manual or Automatic?

• I prefer a manual transmission in all of my vehicles

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I prefer a manual transmission only in a perfomance vehicle

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • I prefer a automatic transmission fo a daily driver vehicle even if it is a performance vehicle.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I dont know how to operate a manual transmission

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a debate that has been ongoing since the 1950's... manual vs automatic transmission.

I personally would prefer to have a manual transmission in all of the vehicles I drive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm partial to bangin gears, myself as is my wife. Both our cars are stick.

Bill

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
None of the above.
I bought the auto because I thought it would be easier for my husband to drive with his bum left leg, but I have over 28,000 miles on the car and he has yet to get behind the wheel. Sometimes I wish I had the manual, other times I'm glad I have the auto.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I like both... Manuals I think are more fun to drive but sometimes I like to drive the automatic when i'm feeling lazy

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i wouldn't have anything but the manual in my car, but with my dually i'm a o k having the auto. especially the tow haul mode :) and my offroad truck is nice with the auto as well. my last one i converted to 5 spd manual and boy howdy that ended up being alot of work lol

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 2SS/RS stick that I was in a traffic jam for 45 minutes going about a car length every few minutes for 10 miles and my transmission temp gauge was getting higher so I would have liked to have had an automatic then.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I love my A6 with tap shift, I guess I get almost the same fun as shifting gears just without a clutch. I use my tap shift more than just staying in automatic in sport mode. :)

·
8,984 Posts
How many times is this poll going to be put up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my A6 with tap shift, I guess I get almost the same fun as shifting gears just without a clutch.
I've tried using the tap shift a few times, but it just ain't the same. Especially since the buttons are located behind the steering wheel, and it makes it nearly impossible to effectively shift on a curve (i.e. downshifting into or out of a sharp turn). There's no replacement for the feel of a stick shift when driving, but my wife can't drive one, so I got her the auto. Believe me, I've tried teaching her in two of my other Camaros, and it wasn't good. Oh well - at least she's happy driving it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts