Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it's hard to believe dat i am running to much hp for my transmission in my 2011 camero ss!!
Because the transmission will go into a stall mode, like i hit the gear shifter to neutral. When this happens i be doing around 45 to 50 and want to accelerate to get on freeway. Now when this happens i can hit the brakes and the transmission will kick back in but will not change gears correctly until i shut car off to reset it. I did a diagnostic said my 4th solenoid isn't working properly. Now CHVYMAC ( 5th gen camero) is very heavily modded. Supercharged (whipple) heads,cam race tuned alone wit street slicks.
Now she still moves out , if i bypass that 4th no problem, only when i have to use it. Don't want to be speeding all the time, just some of the time.
Also can avoid the slipping of tranny when i paddle shift. Please respond if anyone else crossed this path!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine does it in 3rd. The 6L80 is a piece of crap always has been. The 6L90 is no better. I keep waiting for a shop to build a monster 6L80 but hardly anyone wants to touch them anymore if you have big horsepower. I've got a forged 418 Stroker with a Whipple 2.9 supercharger and all the other goodies to go with it. The TCI triple blade torque converter makes a big difference. Sooner or later you're going to have to drop a 4L80e or 4L60 in it. Rodney at RPM would be your best choice and you're looking at between 8 and $10,000 for everything. Or you can keep hoping like I do for someone to build a 6L80 it will guarantee to 1200 horsepower I'd settle for a 1000hp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts