Modern Camaro Forums banner

What going to be your choice when the time comes.

• Base

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • SS

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Z28

Votes: 24 36.9%

Trim Model Thread

12K views 61 replies 31 participants last post by  mdennis10 
#1 · (Edited)
How about a vote on the model of choice, regardless of hardtop or vert.
I like to see how the cars vary on this forum, when we all make the buy. Since we dont have an real info on whats in store for models and what they offer; I set the terms, and people can vote the car using the terms

Base: V8 (L76 or LS3, bare bones)

SS: LS3 with GMPP Drag options (short shifter, lower rearend gears, and drag springs,CAI, tune)

Z28: LS3 with GMPP Roadrace option (carbon fiber hood, strut tower brace, road track springs and shocks, ram-air, CAI, and tune)

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe that can be a RS appearance option on V6, Base V8, and SS models.
Z28 comes standard with it, but in its traditional location for ram air

#5 ·
Base= just a V8 (basically do ur own thing)

SS= faster in straight line and lower top speed (gears), but best acceleration

Z28= faster in the curves and higher top speed

#15 ·
Z28. I autocross, so curves are more important to me. It should be fast enough for the street, and fun enough to play on the strip now and then.

#16 ·
actually I went with the base, I'd like a set of RS hideaways up there though, I think the base Camaro of the three choices above would be more than enough car for me for the occasional trip through the hills, just give me a v8, rwd and a manual trans, and I can do the rest.

Gray

#17 · (Edited)
I bet most performance shops and aftermarket promotional cars will be base V8s and prolly some police interceptors.

I glad to see near 50/50 between SS and z28. That means we prolly have a market for both being chances and still use 1 V8. Gm can sell a camaro to everyone with diversity without watering down the car.

#18 ·
well none of us know wut exactly trims will be available... so for me, what ever has the most power on thing i don't plan on changing. like im not goign to spend 1k more for an z28 if it only has a stiffer sway and CAI, ya know?

#29 ·
Hell dont some of the eurpoean countries use cars like lambos and other luxo beasts? I like that holden police package alot too. I'd want to get pulled over to gawk at it :lol:

#30 ·
goteamcamaro..I get a red X for that picture.
They used to have some cop Camaros around here. They used those when they REALLY needed to chase down some speeders. Whenever I saw one of those sitting on the side of the road waiting for speaders...I slowed down relatively quickly. I knew better.

The other day I saw a cop in a unmarked Escalade pull someone over.

#31 ·
I like to see a GMPP stuff available to make a hybrid SS/Z28 but still be a dominate drag car. I like to see people to do vice versa with z28s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.