Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
If it's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I would definitely let the dealer deal with it ... get it documented is the big thing ... have heard of the drain line problem a few times, so it might be related still

·
Registered
383 Posts
So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?:confused:
nightwing91,

I'm sorry to hear about your trunk leak. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. However, if you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Will M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
511 Posts
Alright, thanks guys. I'll call tomorrow and see when they can get it in to take a look at it.
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all. :rolleyes:
Well that's unsettling.....After the mat dried and I put it back in the trunk we had another downpour. Thinking my trunk would be soaked when I checked it it was completely dry. Needless to say I'm confused....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts