Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to buy a Camaro Coupe LS, but I've asked a few friends and they've all said about the same thing: I'll have some kid trying to race me at every single stoplight.

I plan to use the car as a daily driver, not any racing.

Is it common? Has it happened to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's the idea.
I just dont want to have someone revving their engine at me all the time

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I've had many (not just kids) people inch forward and rev up next to me at stop lights. I always laugh to myself and think, they'll be the one to get the ticket if they punch it, even if they don't get a ticket, they don't get the joy. Racing is for the tracks, when and if it happens, don't think any less of yourself when they go rippin off at the green light. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not to sound like a dick, but I would probably be the guy that pulls up next to you and goes ripping off :lol:

I race anything that looks nice with wheels :) Street racing is a blast, it's a bit unsafe, but is cheaper than going to the tracks and I don't have to wait until the weekend. That and you get so much more of a thrill out of it.

I'd go ahead and buy the car though. Just try to ignore the adrenaline junkies like me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's what I'm talking about. Right on Brother.
Not to sound like a dick, but I would probably be the guy that pulls up next to you and goes ripping off :lol:

I race anything that looks nice with wheels :) Street racing is a blast, it's a bit unsafe, but is cheaper than going to the tracks and I don't have to wait until the weekend. That and you get so much more of a thrill out of it.

I'd go ahead and buy the car though. Just try to ignore the adrenaline junkies like me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Silly wabbits, street racing's for dicks! :lol:
I say the same.......don't worry about these kind ... I don't and I own a 2SS. I have had several including other camaro owners rev up to try and get my nerves. I did not buy the car to burn off the tires....I have owned alot of camaro's and enjoy driving this one alot....and yes I have tested it out on a highway where most people are not but I still don't race it. Be safe, and be aware of dopes:D

·
Registered
897 Posts
where i live theres a lot of wannabe gangsters who drive fugly hondas (thats probably why i dont go to my local car events). I've heard from a lot of friends that this "gangsters" (which they probably will) would gang up on the guy if he beats them.

Not to get you scared or anything, you probably dont live where i do but just be aware of who you race if you ever race.

BTW, Welcome! :5go:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Well, that's the idea.
I've had people revving their engines when I was driving my Grand Am. These are the same people who will rev while beside a Mazda, Honda Prius, or Yugo. Some people just rev simply to be revving and then blast off at the green light.

Just be the mature and safe driver and arrive at your destination safely.

There are dragstrips, road courses and other santioned events for people who want to be racers.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i get way more waves and people taking pictures than revs. i think only 1 person has revved at me... and it was a friend of mine. it's really the people trying to take pictures while they're driving that you have to watch... they love to hang out next to you in traffic snapping pics and basically box you in from passing a slow car. that's the only pain in the butt.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Well, that's the idea.
You will get that with plenty of vehicles you drive out there. As posted above, be the better man and shake it off with a smile :cool:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

Dumb post of the week :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
i get way more waves and people taking pictures than revs. i think only 1 person has revved at me... and it was a friend of mine. it's really the people trying to take pictures while they're driving that you have to watch... they love to hang out next to you in traffic snapping pics and basically box you in from passing a slow car. that's the only pain in the butt.
Are you sure they aren't just trying to get pictures of the girl driving the Camaro? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
This was one of the reasons I had to sell my Z28. It was a little too flashy for me. White with red stripes doesn't really scream I'm a grandma leave me alone.

I don't miss the attention.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I've gotten a few ricers who've revved their blenders, mmm, I mean "motors" at me in parking lots or at lights. Mostly, I get compliments and a few picture takers.

When you have a nice/fast car there will always be the morons who want to race you or throw revs at you. Silly ricers.

·
8,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts