Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i'd put together a compilation CD of songs about Camaros.
I wanna play in the studio while we work on the 5th Gen!

So far i got:
Go Lil Camaro - The Ramones
Yellow Camaro - Weezer
Dad's Camaro - Tennis Pro
Big Hair Camaro - Red Planet
Green Camaro - Christopher Dallman

I'm sure there are others, help me out guys...

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is one song out there most people don't know exists. in fact, it is pretty rare. it's called "camaro" by the cyrkle. you can TRY to find info on it, but you probably won't.

basically, it was released to chevy dealers in the 60s on a 45 record. one side had "ss396" by paul revere and the raiders, and the other side had "camaro" on it.

the only way i have EVER found it was to go to the store and buy the cyrkle's album "neon", because it is on there; it's like track 20 or something like that.

oh, and it's all about the firstgen camaro. i practically get teary eyed everytime i hear it, it is THAT good. and so true about my feelings towards this car.

---kevin

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
kevinz said:
there is one song out there most people don't know exists. in fact, it is pretty rare. it's called "camaro" by the cyrkle. you can TRY to find info on it, but you probably won't.

basically, it was released to chevy dealers in the 60s on a 45 record. one side had "ss396" by paul revere and the raiders, and the other side had "camaro" on it.

the only way i have EVER found it was to go to the store and buy the cyrkle's album "neon", because it is on there; it's like track 20 or something like that.

oh, and it's all about the firstgen camaro. i practically get teary eyed everytime i hear it, it is THAT good. and so true about my feelings towards this car.

---kevin
I must find this song! :)

....and one of those 45s would go nicely in my Camaro memorabilia collection. :D

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
kevinz said:

---kevin
Yep, they show up on ebay once in a while - cool stuff for the collector :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kevinz - that's so cool!!

i gotta find this song!!!

..some one will probably do a retro remix of this song (just like they did with the car!) hehehe

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
My personal favorite, 'Wish List' by Pearl Jam. :thumbsup: Line in the song, ..."shining off a Camaro's hood..." :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
LYRICS!

alrighty, here are the lyrics for "camaro" by the cyrkle. some of them are a little hard to understand, so forgive anything that doesn't make much sense.

Hear the rumbling notion
When the palm trees sway when the Camaro
Silently goes by.

On a mountain road
Where very few can follow, see Camaro
Climb up to the sky.

At home on a quiet street
Already too complete
Is Camaro.

Down the endless highway
Lonely winds are chasing the Camaro
Racing to the Sun.

From a bright marquee
The neon lights are shining on Camaro
When the day is done.

(Chorus)
The Answer to all the dreams
Of men and their machines
Is Camaro

Riding softly by
Climbing to the sky
Racing to the Sun
When the day is done.

(Music interlude)
Runs like Camaro

Chorus

---Kevin :D

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
kevinz said:

---kevin
I just bought a copy of this 45 on ebay with the sleeve intact! It will look great matted and framed in my office :cool:

Maybe something like this:

·
Registered
24 Posts
OverAnxious said:
I just bought a copy of this 45 on ebay with the sleeve intact! It will look great matted and framed in my office :cool:

Very Cool. That is retrolicious. A remix... hummm, easy. Gotta hear it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OverAnxious said:

maybe you should play it into a mic and record is so all of us can hear it ;):lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts