Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an example of a recent customer build taking a LS2 block and sleeving it to push the bore to 4.130. This package allows an LS2 car to be morphed into a pumped up LS7 and still retain the compatibility with the stock LS2 base engine.
This package is based around a custom sleeved LS2 block that Livernois Motorsports machines in house on its own 4-Axis CNC machine. This allows absolute precision and ensures the block is held to within just +/- .0001 to the specification.
Once the block machine work is done we utilize our own custom rotating assembly, complete with forged H-beam connected rods, forged custom pistons, stainless steel top ring and napier second, upgraded thick wall wristpin and forged stroker crankshaft. This takes us to a 429 cubic inch size.
The shortlock is then complimented with LSX-LS7 heads utilizing our own custom CNC program and valvejob, along with the FAST composite intake. This package is designed for the ultimate in streetable performance from a large cubic inch LS base. The added cubic inches and breathing from the bigger bore, coupled with the longer stroke and high flowing cylinder head matched with custom camshaft really turn this engine into a beast.
Shortblock, Longblock and Complete engine packages just like this are available to retrofit your LS2 and LS3 equipped car into a big-bore stroker LS7 monster with direct bolt-in capability.

Click here to visit our website for more information on our products and services or give us a call @ 313-561-5500

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here is an example of a recent customer build taking a LS2 block and sleeving it to push the bore to 4.130. This package allows an LS2 car to be morphed into a pumped up LS7 and still retain the compatibility with the stock LS2 base engine.
This package is based around a custom sleeved LS2 block that Livernois Motorsports machines in house on its own 4-Axis CNC machine. This allows absolute precision and ensures the block is held to within just +/- .0001 to the specification.
Once the block machine work is done we utilize our own custom rotating assembly, complete with forged H-beam connected rods, forged custom pistons, stainless steel top ring and napier second, upgraded thick wall wristpin and forged stroker crankshaft. This takes us to a 429 cubic inch size.
The shortlock is then complimented with LSX-LS7 heads utilizing our own custom CNC program and valvejob, along with the FAST composite intake. This package is designed for the ultimate in streetable performance from a large cubic inch LS base. The added cubic inches and breathing from the bigger bore, coupled with the longer stroke and high flowing cylinder head matched with custom camshaft really turn this engine into a beast.
Shortblock, Longblock and Complete engine packages just like this are available to retrofit your LS2 and LS3 equipped car into a big-bore stroker LS7 monster with direct bolt-in capability.

Click here to visit our website for more information on our products and services or give us a call @ 313-561-5500
Sweet engine,what horse power are you getting out of this?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I usually have qualms about block sleeving. But those pics look pretty good. How will the block hold up over time and several tens of thousands of miles? How about boost and track use?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet engine,what horse power are you getting out of this?
This specific build shown here is a Naturally aspirated setup built to mimic our stage 3 ZO6 package. That package makes over 700hp at the flywheel. He wanted to have it built to handle well over 300hp worth of nitrous as well.

I usually have qualms about block sleeving. But those pics look pretty good. How will the block hold up over time and several tens of thousands of miles? How about boost and track use?
We have had numerous builds with them already as we have been sleeving these engines for many years. We rate these shortblocks up to 1200hp.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Sexy! Do you "run them in" for initial break in then do a clean out? How would one go about getting it tuned in another state? Is the only option to send the car to you? What pistons would you use to lower the CR for a boosted application?

Do the heads mate up to a Magnuson TVS2300 properly? I would want to run it on pump gas (91 here in Cali but I do "mix" to 93) and I am currently at 9psi but could drop it as needed. I would have the blower modified to increase its capacity (remember I need to stay with the Magnuson as it has a CARB EO# needed here in Cali).

Would you be able to grind a cam that could pass smog inspection both audibly and via a sniffer and still be able to tap the increased displacement's potential?

So very tempting..... :muhaha:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sexy! Do you "run them in" for initial break in then do a clean out? How would one go about getting it tuned in another state? Is the only option to send the car to you? What pistons would you use to lower the CR for a boosted application?

Do the heads mate up to a Magnuson TVS2300 properly? I would want to run it on pump gas (91 here in Cali but I do "mix" to 93) and I am currently at 9psi but could drop it as needed. I would have the blower modified to increase its capacity (remember I need to stay with the Magnuson as it has a CARB EO# needed here in Cali).

Would you be able to grind a cam that could pass smog inspection both audibly and via a sniffer and still be able to tap the increased displacement's potential?

So very tempting..... :muhaha:
Hello, we can break in engines on our in house dyno before we ship them.

We build all of our engines with pistons we designed 9.7:1.(no shelf parts)

You will have to find a capable chassis dyno shop to tune the car or have us pick it up or have you deliver/drop it off.
We could build an engine like this with LS3/L92 heads so you can use your existing lower intake manifold. It will be down on power a bit vs the LS7 head. Nothing you couldn't offset with boost.

We do not guarantee any performance engine to pass smog.
There are things we can do parts selection wise to assist you in building a clean/efficient engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts