Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way to go Mr.Bean...

British media say actor Rowan Atkinson, famed for his "Mr. Bean" television shows and films, is recovering in hospital after crashing his supercar.

The 56-year-old comedian, also known for the "Blackadder" historical comedy shows, was expected to be discharged on Friday after treatment for a shoulder injury, the Daily Mirror reported.

Atkinson's spokesman could not immediately be reached.

Police and firefighters both said that a vehicle crashed late Thursday close to Haddon, a village about 85 miles (137km) north of London.

The car struck a tree, a lamppost and caught fire, authorities said. Firefighters said the driver was not trapped and he was taken to hospital.

Atkinson was driving his McLaren F1 supercar — one of the world's fastest road cars, the newspaper said.

Read more: Reports: TV's Mr. Bean crashes his supercar in UK - FoxNews.com

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
he shouldnt own a car like that...he cant even talk. he wasnt even funny. brits have such a dry sense of humor.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If he had crashed a Camaro, he probably wouldn't have needed to recover in a hospital. :D

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
He was probably going a lot faster than he would have been going in a Camaro.
I doubt it, people don't necessarily become skilled race drivers after buying supercars.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I doubt it, people don't necessarily become skilled race drivers after buying supercars.
I didn't say he was driving skillfully, the fact that he hit a tree would reinforce that. I was speaking more to the potential of the F1 over that of a Camaro.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Have any of you gentlemen been to england? I think not, the roads there suck and are always damp and wet so it very well could have not been his fault. And yes I'v been there, I was stationed there for a total of 4.5 years so I know the roads...Just saying....

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Yep. Roads SUCK. Off the big highways, many are cobblestone or brick. Narrow and holey/bumpy. Their big-multi-lane roundabouts are a horror as well. Some of the roads are hundreds of years old and look it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
maybe ,,"hiccup",,, speed was a factor,,,, "hiccup........
That we will never know, One time,while stationed in england, when I was there I was going too fast drove into a curve too fast. ended up with my car resting on one wheel the right rear the rest was up in what they call a hedgerow, some guy in a tow truck came up behind after the accident and said we will tow you back and if it stays upright get the hell of of here. If not then pay him for the the tow and pay the owner for the hedgerow dammage. If is illigal to dammage hedgerows since they are almost always 100s of years old.. Well it came back on all four wheels and we took off..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts