Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago today, the Camaro Concept first appeared at NAIAS 2006.

I was lucky enough to attend that unveiling, and here's the video I recorded that day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8_XTzankM

Also we have a page here containing the ENTIRE unveiling video, courtesy of the GMtv Feedroom:

http://www.5thgen.org/index.php?page=ConceptUnveil

It'll be there forever to watch whenever you want. :)

I tellya, I STILL GET GOOSEBUMPS watching that video!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Just think, that was 2 years ago today......now in less than 1 year from today the new Camaro will be burnin' gas and rubber on the street for REAL!:roxor:YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
and I've been here nearly everyday since 03.27.06 but considering my waking hours are consumed by Camaro, it sure seems like a lot longer than that.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
HOLY CRAP! i'm glad you said something cuz i didn't even realize it had been two years already!! :eek: where does the time go??

hopefully, this year will fly by ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, especially considering the new Camaro started from scratch with an all-new chassis platform being developed from the ground up.
yeah.. lets not forget that they didnt even know they were going to build the car when they showed the concept... really it will only have been about 2 and a half years from decision to produce, to production.. 30 months.. not bad at all

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
That was the first event I got to meet many people who I only knew on message boards. The strange part is aways putting screen names with real names and faces. That whole weekend was an excellent adventure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was also there! I sat in the hotel after the auto show following the unveiling collecting pictures from everyone who was willing to share, burning CDs for everyone. I ended up with nearly 1140 pictures (with a few videos mixed in) of the entire weekend (including a bunch from GM's Heritage Center). There were MANY happy people that weekend, who left with several CDs. 1.5GB of photos.

I can now fit them onto a single DVD. But back then it was 3 CDs, because my laptop didn't have a DVD burner. I think I was up until after 1am copying pictures from cameras and burning CDs.

I met LOTS of great people that weekend too.

It was an experience I will never forget either.

And then when Chris R started this site after we came home, it just made it all that much sweeter.

I still have all the pictures too! And a GREAT entrance video of the car, one recorded from right beside it's entrance point, that Chris R got on his camera.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.