Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew the differance in the types of headers; ceramic or nickel coated, and stainless. What are the pros and cons of both, performance wise and longevity.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
stainless is the best...they wont rust (at least they shouldn't). Ceramic coating is good...holds in heat better and looks good, but in my experience scratches pretty easily...not sure if the coating lasts forever. Never really heard of nickel coated headers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Then again you could always get the stainless steal header for awesome longevity then heat wrap it. I have found great power increases with heat wrapping the headers as it helps keep the heat in the exhaust so it scavenges better and keeps under hood temperatures down quite well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stainless is the best, i have read in a artle or two that when you heat wrap headers, they could be more prone to destruction because of the intese heat, cracking could occur, just my two sense:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Longtubes are the best for HP and I just ordered a set of JBA Longtubes for my new Camaro. I had a set of shorties on my G8 and they made power but not half as much as the longtubes.

DW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts