Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I read your post & it makes me so mad about our governement. I never supported our government & always supported the military. I did not grow up in a military family or around it. However this past 02/05/07 my brother's best friend 20 years old Brandon Van Parys (only 20 days in to Iraq) paid the ultimate sacrifice (his memory post below). It has forever changed my life. I am sorry to all those past, present, & future who serve in our armed forces and are forgotten about. Our government is cruel. I can't beleive the article. I will forever be thankful to all armed forces & on thanksgiving and everyday will be keeping everybody in my thoughts & prayers. Thank you all for your sacrifices & services. Please know although our governement does not support you at all like they should, our country supports you!!! God Bless. Shenna

http://www.militarycity.com/valor/2539267.html

Maybe as we all make out our holiday cards this year do not forget all the injured veterans & send cards to an injured service person at the address below. Walter Reed MC is no longer excepting cards that are addressed to "any injured veteran" but the Red Cross will as long as they are in a manilla envelope. Please put a smile on a person who has taken part to ensure our Nations Freedom. They will appreciate it far more then any of us could ever imagine.

Red Cross
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Heaton Pavillion
3EO5
Washington, DC 20307

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Being in the military I have seen some sly ****, however all senators love a good feel good story and 90+% of all vets wronged need only to contact a senator and most get taken care of. Being from a huge military family I know this to be the case in all my family's plight with the military.

On the walter Reed case http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp
Sounds good but its untrue. Try following the links instead.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Someone mentioned this too me yesterday and I thought it was a joke. I did mention that it wouldn't surprise me one bit though. Still doesn't. Don't know if it's true or not but it really does sound like something they would try.

13 years military, I have so many opinions about how Vets are treated that it would take all day for me to list them here. I thank most Americans for supporting the troops and returning vets. Your support is greatly appreciated.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
While I have a different situation than mentioned in the link; Ive been screwed by the military upon discharge and a few time while in. I have an Honorable Discharge with no negative background but still got the shaft. I had contacted a senator; but its like writing fan mail to a favorite cast member of star trek. I say call the nearest and biggest news station thats will listen; because that is the only way to make a senator do something. Sad, but effective. Im not supporting the media, but sometimes use fire with fire.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Must be the area. My locals hear of a vet story and jump on it :D. My uncle's case went well and so far my dad's case is doing well too.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Must be the area. My locals hear of a vet story and jump on it :D. My uncle's case went well and so far my dad's case is doing well too.
Its good to know. Most people these days could give a **** about strangers. I even wrote Obama in Illinois just to see if I would get a response for the office of a presidental candidate. Nothing. lol.

But then again I served for reason that i didnt have to do with benefits and money; I did it to help others. Irony to me. But its irony I can live with.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hmm funny I expected more from a freshman senator. Especially one looking at a shot for the presidency. Then again he may be too busy following that avenue.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Maybe I should tell CNN, lol.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I read that story, and all I could think of is how automated everything is in "the system" now. This isn't necessarily the Government screwing Vets over. A computer systems sees you're discharged, for whatever reason, and it flags a term of your contract. Then another computer takes that flag and spits out a report that says you owe.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Maybe I should tell CNN, lol.
Good luck with that. All the news media is told what to say these days. They get their reports off the same system. Nobody researches stories any more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts