Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Obama administration will fund the cash for clunkers program until the Senate decides whether to add $2 billion to the original $1 billion fund that is likely to be depleted this weekend, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said today.

More...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
More wasting of engines that people could use.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How long will it take for these more efficient cars to save $3 billion of fuel.

I wonder how many nice LS motors are being wasted. I noticed they dropped the fuel mileage of my car on fuelmileage.gov after they started this program. I guess they don't want it on the road.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
How long will it take for these more efficient cars to save $3 billion of fuel.

I wonder how many nice LS motors are being wasted. I noticed they dropped the fuel mileage of my car on fuelmileage.gov after they started this program. I guess they don't want it on the road.
I saw that as well, how convenient for the government to deceive us, not that they would do anything like that...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I saw that as well, how convenient for the government to deceive us, not that they would do anything like that...
This whole thing is a joke and very dangerous to the free market, if they cant run this properly do we really want to entrust them with another much bigger program? I also dont like what this can lead to in the future,, I urge any car person to join sema its free and it cant hurt. I wonder if people realize where this money will come from ? isnt it free? hmm or will we pay for it down the line in taxes ? I do however doubt too many LS motors are being scrapped pretty sure they are getting hung onto.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I know someone traded it in for a Insight. I remember seeing it on another forum but can't find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts