Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I ****ing hate the UAW. They are the number one reason U.S. automakers are in their current position.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Brilliant. They never will learn.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
F*ck 'em. Damned union thugs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Back up guys.. Unions are the reasons we have the great country we do. Without them there wouldnt be a third of the labor laws and safety standards in this country.. Not to mention retirement plans, death benefits, workers comp, 401k, and Social Security Yes I said it.. Social Security.. Unions were first to introduce a pension plan that was later used to come up with social security back in the 20's and 30's.. If GM hasnt been paying there end then that is a problem that they made. It isnt right but thats just like if the government decides not to pay your SS benefits.. How would you feel then? Unions arent perfect.. But last I checked no one was....

·
Registered
47 Posts
But $40hr to put a seat in a car, with full pension and benefits bankrupts a company... I work in a union shop (CWA) for AT&T, and I see both sides of the story. IMHO unions are glorified thieves, they have outlived their usefulness. I work 10x as hard as some of the old cats I work with and make less money, because of seniority.. AT&T estimates the new health bill with cost the company 1 Billon per quarter. Washington + CWA will bankrupt the company.. I'm willing to take a pay cut to keep my job!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well i was going to wade into this subject but thought i'd better keep my mouth shut :thumbsdown: And just for the record i'm a proud GM Oshawa Camaro Plant Worker & Member of Local 222 CAW that helped to build your Camaro's. :thumbsup:

There , i've said my peace . Everyone have a great weekend.

Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
Its funny how all the import companies building cars in the U.S. dont use the UAW and their workers are doing good and the companies make profits. Wow isnt that strange?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Back up guys.. Unions are the reasons we have the great country we do. Without them there wouldnt be a third of the labor laws and safety standards in this country.. Not to mention retirement plans, death benefits, workers comp, 401k, and Social Security Yes I said it.. Social Security.. Unions were first to introduce a pension plan that was later used to come up with social security back in the 20's and 30's.. If GM hasnt been paying there end then that is a problem that they made. It isnt right but thats just like if the government decides not to pay your SS benefits.. How would you feel then? Unions arent perfect.. But last I checked no one was....
Sorry, the Union has brought this upon themselves. While they were necessary decades ago, they are hardly the same organization they once were. Times have changed.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sorry, the Union has brought this upon themselves. While they were necessary decades ago, they are hardly the same organization they once were. Times have changed.
No dont get me wrong times have changed and like everything the world changes with it. Im just saying we wouldnt have alot of things we have now because of them. Now at this time things are bad and if things need to change I am for it.. My union here in NYC is just as bad with things that they dont want to change but like I said no one is perfect.. I dont know alot about what the import car companies do for there workers but I bet they dont pay there workers as much or the benefits that american companies do. If someone knows better please tell me..

To servive in any market you need to adapt and over come. The Former big 3 never believed that.. And thats why they got knocked down.. But everyone falls down now the question is how fast do we get back up .. GM and Ford I think are doing it.. And $40 an hour for some people sounds like alot.. But, you have to look the cost of living in that area.. I watch tv and see house prices all over the US.. And I know what some places you can buy a mansion in some places wont buy you a shack where I live..

Is that the workers fault? Dont they deserve a nice house and send there kids to good schools and have a nice new car in the driveway. ( I hope american ) Alot of these imports are built out of the country.. And that makes a big difference in the price. If a import car maker is building cars here and american are building them I would have to think thay have to be paying the same wage or something is really wrong..

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well i was going to wade into this subject but thought i'd better keep my mouth shut :thumbsdown: And just for the record i'm a proud GM Oshawa Camaro Plant Worker & Member of Local 222 CAW that helped to build your Camaro's. :thumbsup:

There , i've said my peace . Everyone have a great weekend.

Mike
Thanks Mike.. See if you can get them to start painting some jetstream blues so I can get a new one from you too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
:angry:UAW SUKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss:angry:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Its funny how all the import companies building cars in the U.S. dont use the UAW and their workers are doing good and the companies make profits. Wow isnt that strange?
Us companies would make profits if people bought there cars.. If imports dont sell they dont make profits either.. Look at Toyota?? There dropping like flys right now.. If you can tell me what the imports are paying there workers I would love to know.. Seriously, Someone on here must know someone that works for a import car maker.. Please let me know..

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've worked for almost 20 years as an engineer. I've been through 3 layoffs and quit one job.

Most corporations are run by greed and do not value the employee. They deserve unions. While initially unions served a noble purpose and protected the employee I think they are a necessary evil these days.

And personally if I could join one to protect my seniority and the incompetencies of upper management I would.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Yall need to get your stories straight before you jump to conclusions.
If it were not for UAW these workers would be working ****y hours and probably for about Minimum wage start off.
Have yall ever worked on a moving assembly line ? NO yall probably think they just turn a wrench and wait for the next product I can do that whatever.

I work with one Daily building F-16's , F35's and F22's better yet We build the current and next-generation of air superiority fighters to counter emerging worldwide threats.
Without thousands of men and women who work daily , night this product wouldnt be in the air protecting your country.

Yall think Union people are lazzzzzzy they dont work. No union people work in shifts because there are thousands of them.

I wish my company had UAW we dont we have IAM and No im not Currently a Union worker but I used to be and support there Ass 100% and will until the day I die. I was there and work with them on a daily basis and proud to say I do.

if it were not for these Unions people would work staggered shifts and there day off may be Tuesday and Wednesday and christmas day just may be a good time to Work. Insurance would be so freaking high it would be a shame !!!!!!! Unions brought weekends to us all otherwise it would be 365 days a years around the clock shifts.

No one is perfect and just like you all Unions make there mistakes as well however dont sit here and say you HATE someone like UAW because we dont know the whole story. The Unions and there high paid employees didnt get Gm in the trouble they got into just months ago.
Gm went into Bancruptcy by themselves with what they built and when they built it we just hear what the man in the suit wants us to hear.

Keep in mind that man making $24 an hour it took him a few years to get there. You never hear about the guy who just started making nothing and happens to be counting the days off until that 3% raise that he gets comes in !!! Instead you hear about the man who has worked 12+ years and makes $20+ an hour
( After that many years he deserves that money thats usually $1 a year raise and that doesnt go far for the ones who have kids)

oh by the way before I worked here I drove for UPS and was a PROUD TEAMSTER SUPPORTER and Committeman !!!!!! We Ran our A$$es off daily and many still do. If it were not for Teamsters we wouldnt have made JACK for money. UPS drivers work for there money they make 100+ pickups a day and thats not including there drop offs. UPS and Teamsters is another Reason why I have my 2010/69 Camaro hard work pays off.

My lunch is over yall need to really think before you run off at the mouth because the men and women who put this product that you love so well the CHEVY CAMARO on the road are supporters of this Union and if it wasnt for them this Car wouldnt be in our driveways.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yall need to get your stories straight before you jump to conclusions.
If it were not for UAW these workers would be working ****y hours and probably for about Minimum wage start off.Have yall ever worked on a moving assembly line ? NO yall probably think they just turn a wrench and wait for the next product I can do that whatever.I work with one Daily building F-16's , F35's and F22's better yet We build the current and next-generation of air superiority fighters to counter emerging worldwide threats.Without thousands of men and women who work daily , night this product wouldnt be in the air protecting your country.Yall think Union people are lazzzzzzy they dont work. No union people work in shifts because there are thousands of them.
I wish my company had UAW we dont we have IAM and No im not Currently a Union worker but I used to be and support there Ass 100% and will until the day I die. I was there and work with them on a daily basis and proud to say I do.if it were not for these Unions people would work staggered shifts and there day off may be Tuesday and Wednesday and christmas day just may be a good time to Work. Insurance would be so freaking high it would be a shame !!!!!!! Unions brought weekends to us all otherwise it would be 365 days a years around the clock shifts.No one is perfect and just like you all Unions make there mistakes as well however dont sit here and say you HATE someone like UAW because we dont know the whole story. The Unions and there high paid employees didnt get Gm in the trouble they got into just months ago. Gm went into Bancruptcy by themselves with what they built and when they built it we just hear what the man in the suit wants us to hear.Keep in mind that man making $24 an hour it took him a few years to get there. You never hear about the guy who just started making nothing and happens to be counting the days off until that 3% raise that he gets comes in !!! Instead you hear about the man who has worked 12+ years and makes $20+ an hour
( After that many years he deserves that money thats usually $1 a year raise and that doesnt go far for the ones who have kids)oh by the way before I worked here I drove for UPS and was a PROUD TEAMSTER SUPPORTER and Committeman !!!!!! We Ran our A$$es off daily and many still do. If it were not for Teamsters we wouldnt have made JACK for money. UPS drivers work for there money they make 100+ pickups a day and thats not including there drop offs. UPS and Teamsters is another Reason why I have my 2010/69 Camaro hard work pays off.My lunch is over yall need to really think before you run off at the mouth because the men and women who put this product that you love so well the CHEVY CAMARO on the road are supporters of this Union and if it wasnt for them this Car wouldnt be in our driveways.
Thank You Jekyll. Im happy to know you feel the same.. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts