Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm going to take heat for this. Does anyone know how much a new polished rim is? My passenger front rim met a curb I didn't see while dropping a date off in front of a restaurant.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Check the FOR SALE section of this forum. I've noticed a few single wheels pop up for sale. Also check on Ebay...right now there are a bunch for sale in the $250-$300 buy it now range with free shipping. You can get one even cheaper if you go the auction route. I'd be surprised if they're less than $450/ea from the dealer.

Definitely puts a new meaning to the term "expensive date." :rock5thvert:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I know I'm going to take heat for this. Does anyone know how much a new polished rim is? My passenger front rim met a curb I didn't see while dropping a date off in front of a restaurant.
I hit a curb a while back going into a parking lot trying to avoid a car who didn't want to share the lane, did the same thing. Sucks! :mad:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Did the same thing months back and used a drimmel to smooth out the rough spot and you really can't tell unless you know where to look

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the date go well at least?
Yes and no. The date was fun, but she has a lot of baggage, and isn't a girl that I want to commit to.

Unfortunately, there is no fixing this wheel. I will post a pic when I get a chance to take one. It's not just scuffed, its really messed up. The funny thing is the tire is fine, and alignment and balance are also good.

I did call the dealer, it looks to be nearly $800 for the rim. :eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check the FOR SALE section of this forum. I've noticed a few single wheels pop up for sale. Also check on Ebay...right now there are a bunch for sale in the $250-$300 buy it now range with free shipping. You can get one even cheaper if you go the auction route. I'd be surprised if they're less than $450/ea from the dealer.

Definitely puts a new meaning to the term "expensive date." :rock5thvert:

I did look on Ebay, and only found one which was damaged for $250 with free shipping

·
Registered
913 Posts
That "rim" package I bought from the dealer for $350 is looking pretty good right now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem with the tire and wheel protection you buy only will cover the rim if it prevents the tire from holding air. Damaged mine and went to claim it on the warranty....**** out of luck. It would have cost close to $400 to have the rim fixed and they would have had to keep it 3-4 days. The dealer here was only $560 for the rim. I ended up getting 3 rims and tires for $500 through another member of another website.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The problem with the tire and wheel protection you buy only will cover the rim if it prevents the tire from holding air. Damaged mine and went to claim it on the warranty....**** out of luck. It would have cost close to $400 to have the rim fixed and they would have had to keep it 3-4 days. The dealer here was only $560 for the rim. I ended up getting 3 rims and tires for $500 through another member of another website.
It wouldn't have held air when it went to the dealer to get replaced :bat:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Somebody backed into me today:(.... I can tell cus there is a small dent on the front bumper I can't help but notice it everytime I see it... **** those people who come down for the weekend :shakefist:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts