Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Well, at least it is just a minor problem.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine didn't come with a spare. I asked when they showed me the trunk! Is not having spares a new GM thing? Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I think no spare is a Camaro thing. I saw spare tire on the options list.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Mine didn't come with a spare. I asked when they showed me the trunk! Is not having spares a new GM thing? Just wondering.
No spare w/ the 20" rims, on the SS. You can get a spare w/ the "smaller" rims.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Actually when I was ordering my Camaro and made sure I ordered a spare, the guy that worked there that was taking my order said more GM vehicles are going towards having no spare (as standard issue) and people don't realise it until they get it or need it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, mine does have a spare, but its a slow leak so I am airing it up and headed to the tire shop after work...

One cool thing that I found out tho... Seems my tires are the "run Flat" techology... Its only got 4 pounds of air in it now, but its not flat! Arent supposed to run them more than 50 miles like that, but I wouldnt go far anyway.. I will air it up to normal and watch it on the way. Should be ok!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, mine does have a spare, but its a slow leak so I am airing it up and headed to the tire shop after work...

One cool thing that I found out tho... Seems my tires are the "run Flat" techology... Its only got 4 pounds of air in it now, but its not flat! Arent supposed to run them more than 50 miles like that, but I wouldnt go far anyway.. I will air it up to normal and watch it on the way. Should be ok!
Up to 50 miles at 50 mph I believe. That is why the cars equipped with this tire do not come with spares standard. They figure the run flat is enough and supply you with a flat tire fix it kit instead. I believe a spare is still an option, even for those equipped with the 20's. I don't recall for sure though.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
If so, there goes the trunk space.......... oh yeah, what space?!!? :lol:

the trunk is actually pretty big...it's just the opening that's small. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it was a 1" Sheet Metal Screw! Thank goodness I have a cousin with a tire shop! They took their time and made sure that there were no scratches on the wheel.... All is well and back on the road!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Camaros come with Run Flats?
NO!

Camaros do not come with Run Flat tires. They are standard high performance tires.

DO NOT BE CAUGHT THINKING YOU HAVE RUN FLAT TIRES!!!!!!!
If you do you will drive around with very low air pressure and have the potential to A) ruin your tire driving on low air pressure or B) causing the tire to blow out and damage your car or worse. Road Hazards like a nail are not covered unless you buy that kind of protection from the dealer or tire retailer.

CAMAROS DO NOT HAVE TIRES WITH RUN FLAT TECHNOLOGY!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked up my tires (275/40ZR20 106Y) on the pirelli website and it shows it as a runflat.... I dont know, thats just what is shows...

·
Registered
470 Posts
No spare w/ the 20" rims, on the SS. You can get a spare w/ the "smaller" rims.

You can have a spare on the 20" wheels (via RS package) on an LT.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts