Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The United Auto Workers and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters protested Toyota Motor Corp. for a second straight day in Washington, calling the embattled automaker "a danger to America."

More...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wake up.......It's Japan. Japan puts a tariff on any foreign car going to their country. Try and buy a new Camaro in Japan. It be close to 80K. Or any other America car. Japanese LOVE American cars but do want to paid the high tariff. What would happen to their economy if we (USA) didn't buy their cars. They couldn't beat us in WWII so they went the smarter route. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. We did rebuilt their entire country for them. The sooner America wakes up and stops buying all those "perfect" toyotas, hondas, datsuns. The faster more people will be working here at home. America would rather build prisons than factories. Think about it. Just my .02, I know the problems won't disappear over night but we have to think about what is good for the USA.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Unions call Toyota 'danger to America'

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement?
Yep.

In all fairness though, I can't say that I have ever seen a UAW run line ever churn out this immense level of deadly crap. Toyota is **** near recalling the entire fleet that they have built in the last 5-7yrs. If one of the big 3 had that happen, they would be out of business over night.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep.

In all fairness though, I can't say that I have ever seen a UAW run line ever churn out this immense level of deadly crap. Toyota is **** near recalling the entire fleet that they have built in the last 5-7yrs. If one of the big 3 had that happen, they would be out of business over night.
true enough!.."hot ****!":eek:

j.t.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Yep.

I agree. My comment is obviously not comparing quality or recall stats, but overall actions and the impact on the economy.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My comment is obviously not comparing quality or recall stats, but overall actions and the impact on the economy.
That much I could figure out. But I think this will be one of only a few instances where I actually think the UAW is right:confused:

Still, I do see the irony in such a statement. It gives me that psycotich chuckle every now and then:lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hmmm, someone deleted the similarly titled post on this board that explained what the real reason for the protests are. They object to Toyota moving to a non-unionized workforce at some of their plants.

Is there a law in this country that says a foreign-based company must employ a UAW unionized workforce?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Hmmm, someone deleted the similarly titled post on this board that explained what the real reason for the protests are. They object to Toyota moving to a non-unionized workforce at some of their plants.

Is there a law in this country that says a foreign-based company must employ a UAW unionized workforce?
I wasn't aware of your other post.

I'd hope there is no such law in place, that would contradict what this country is all about.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Wake up.......It's Japan. Japan puts a tariff on any foreign car going to their country. Try and buy a new Camaro in Japan. It be close to 80K. Or any other America car. Japanese LOVE American cars but do want to paid the high tariff. What would happen to their economy if we (USA) didn't buy their cars. They couldn't beat us in WWII so they went the smarter route. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. We did rebuilt their entire country for them. The sooner America wakes up and stops buying all those "perfect" toyotas, hondas, datsuns. The faster more people will be working here at home. America would rather build prisons than factories. Think about it. Just my .02, I know the problems won't disappear over night but we have to think about what is good for the USA.
totally agree and I am huge import guy, just realized I was playing for the wrong team! Glad 2 be drafted home :thumbsup:. This is my 1st American car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts