Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't buy it, I can't see how that will even generate enough power to push the locking pins up in the right sequence AND to turn it (unless that's not how that lock works)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The only way that is possible is if the car is Air Tight. I think the guy out of shot had the spare remote. The only way a Tennis Ball could help you get into your car is if you used it smash your window. (Recommended)

THIS MYTH IS

·
Registered
176 Posts
Taglane beat me to it, Myth Busters did that one and it was busted.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I once got an e-mail from someone claiming that if you locked your keys in the car, and you had a cell phone and a spare remote, you could get your doors unlocked. It stated that if the person who locked themselves out could call a person with the spare remote, they would have to hold the remote up to the phones microphone and the person trying to get in the car would have to hold their phone next to the car, and when the remotes unlock button was pressed the car doors would open.

I could just see someone trying one of these theories in a parking lot somewhere. You walk outside the store and some blonde if pushing a tennis ball against the door trying to unlock the car or waving her cellar phone over the car. :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
lol now the cell phone on ive heard before don't know if myth busters busted that on??? but i think it would be pretty hilarious to see some one trying to do it... this reminds me of the family guy episode were peter locked himself inside the car

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Well one, it wouldn't work because girls usually put their keys in their purse.. and if the keys are locked in, so's the purse (going off experience with my mom and two sisters here)

but on the other hand, it would be very funny to watch... :D:lol:

·
8,984 Posts
Well one, it wouldn't work because girls usually put their keys in their purse.. and if the keys are locked in, so's the purse (going off experience with what me, my mom and two sisters do)
There fixed it for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts