Modern Camaro Forums banner

Unmasked Camaro Prototype in Colors

6K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 ·
Ok, so while I'm not a Photoshop expert, I played around with the un-cammoed Camaro Prototype and added some color, just for kicks. :)

continued next post.......

See less See more
#7 ·
Man...It's been so long. There's a way to adjust the color balance. It may be in edit. I'd have to look...It's been a LONG time. Basically you can slide the RGB bars and the contrast bar and come up with the color you're looking for. It's the easiest and a more natural looking way to do it. My skills aren't up to Jinx's anymore (haven't chopped in 2 years or more), but that was usually how I did it. I've also used a custom gradient fill that didn't have the gradient, but it was complicated to set up. It did allow me to water drop my colors though (which was necessary for me...because it comes in any color as long as it's Victory Red. ;) )

#8 ·
Yellow and orange are your best ones. I like the colorful selection. I hope GM uses some of those colors and not family sedan color in the color rumor mill thread.

I cant wait to get my hands on good quality spy shots of the unmasked 5th gen for my chopping pleasure. I finally get to see how my car will really be without guess work.

#12 ·
Black is a challenge, because real black reflects alot more. Matte black is easy though, lol. The real pain is that I do all my chops using a basic laptop touchpad instead of a mouse like I should, but Im broke and using my laptop gets most of it done. But if I had all the money in the world, I would use a mega touchpad with stylus, multiple illustator program with Photochop on the side, and a big LCD screen.:BangHead:

#14 ·
if gm comes with a deep shiny black,i'm sold...

#23 ·
As CUONCRS requested:

#25 ·
Jinx, nice touch placing the show car's "GM Design" license plate in there. You don't miss much when it comes to detail! I was wondering what the car would look like with the "hockey stripe" on the fender/door.....;)

#26 ·
I do know it would be easier for me to do, lol.

Yes, the white was a stumbling block for me at that angle of the car. I cant wait for decent 1/4 views, side profiles, and head-on shots of the production car. Ive been working with crappy pics for the last month. :BangHead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.