Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really can't find anything undesired about having a new camaro except one thing, unwanted attention from law enforcement. I am 28 years old and have been pulled over more times since buying my SS in November '09 than the rest of my life in any other vehicle put together. All of which resulted in no ticket or citation.

Case One: Got my tint put on and the next day I get pulled over at night (how he could tell it was "too" dark at night while passing me at 45mph each way I don't know) the tint was legal and he put the meter on it, so no ticket.

Case Two: Getting on interstate with a two lane on ramp that is almost a mile long, side by side with a tan Charger. I wasn't racing just trying to get ahead so I wouldn't have to wait for him to merge (Let's face it there are a lot of morons trying to merge at 45 mph on a 70 mph interstate) Well this charger was an unmarked state trooper, but I wasn't doing anything stupid so he just told me I need to find the right places to accelerate that fast.

Case Three: Night again and there is a road near my house that you have to do a quick 90 deg turn to the right and then back left again, which straightens out to 55 mph. This Durango in front of me is going 45 mph for two miles in a 55 mph zone, I didn't want to pass him because it was raining, so I got a little close, but by no means tailgaiting. This Durango is once again unmarked, but local police. I make my turn down my road and he turns his car around, follows me for a few seconds and decides he needs to pull me over as well for riding too close to him. No ticket.

Just wondering does anyone else have this problem? I am averaging one a month since buying the car.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessarily. Before this car I had a Solstice GXP and would accelerate pretty good around law enforcement every now and then, never got pulled over once. I didn't get over 75 mph on the on ramp instance, its not like I kept riding it out up to 90. And when I say a little close to the durango I was at least 3-4 car links back once I realized how slow he was going, I did have to slow down as I approached him. I wasn't right on him or flashing headlights.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
They just wanted to see your Camaro. No ticket, feel lucky. If they wanted to cite you, they could come up with a reason.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I had a cop pull on side of me and said "you are going to pull over so I can check it out" The first thing he did was show me his camera phone pic of how he wanted his halos to look.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I live in a town that has only 6 police officers and one of them keeps trying to race me. (I think) Whenever he pulls up next to me at a light he always floors it on the take off. I'm not taking the bait. I don't know the guy and I'm not gonna get pulled over for smoking his crown vic

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I wont pull a car over just to check it out. However I will roll up on people in a parking lot and ask if I can check out their car or give them the thumbs up as I pass them on the street. Most cops love muscle cars and Harleys. Sometimes it actually helps with community relations.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Most of the police know me plus i usually dont give them a reason to pull me over. Most stop by the bowling alley if they want to check my Camaro out...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Ive been stopped twice so far in the 6 months ive owned the car, yesterday was the 2nd time. Before that id maybe get stopped once a yr in my 94 Z that u could hear a mile away. Ok technically im breaking NJ law with tint and no front plate, the only things ive been stopped for, no tickets. I support my local and state police so im not hating on them or anything. The first was a local db cop, gave a warning and what not. Yesterday was the next town over, asked me why the dealer didnt put the plate on and the windows look a little dark. He was cool tho, hes like ya know these new ones stick out like sore thumbs so u cant really sneak around, walked around the car gave me my documents and i was on my way. Now i know a couple guys who have Vettes for yrs, never had a front plate and one had tint, never once were they stopped or bothered for that. I think this is just something that goes with owning such a badass car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I haven't been stopped but have had a few police come up at car shows and want to look it over and ask how fast I have had it up to. I just tell them I keep it on speed control set to the MPH for the road I am on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but the camaro's aren't all over the place yet. Just to be clear I support law enforcement and I am always respectful when they stop me, my brother is a deputy, and he tells me they probably wanted to see the car or just might have been bored and felt like messing with me because of the car. It seems that way, they usually ask for my liscense and registration and then tell me how much they like the car. Then I sit there for 10 minutes while they run my info. Its just funny when I come home and tell my wife, hey I got pulled over again today.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I know that they are studys done on the color that causes cars to get pulled over more then others. But, Look on the bright side you didnt get a ticket. If they thought you were really breaking the law you would have got fined.. :thumbsup: BTW big do you have a porsche? LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No its pronounced POSH-man-ski. Its a play on my real last name that a buddy started saying back in the day. Always thought it was a good screen name. I have a '07 Silverado LTZ (black), Camaro 2SS/RS (black white stripes), and a '97 corolla just in case one of the other horses needs work. I don't think I would ever buy a Porsche, too many other great cars for that kind of money.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
No its pronounced POSH-man-ski. Its a play on my real last name that a buddy started saying back in the day. Always thought it was a good screen name. I have a '07 Silverado LTZ (black), Camaro 2SS/RS (black white stripes), and a '97 corolla just in case one of the other horses needs work. I don't think I would ever buy a Porsche, too many other great cars for that kind of money.
You had a nice list going there until you brought up the corolla. :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You had a nice list going there until you brought up the corolla. :lol:
Well, he needs the corolla incase he decides to drive off a cliff and wants to make sure he cant stop at the last minute.. I only liked one porsche myself and its the only Non american car I own.. 95' 928 GTS.. Its perfect to me.. V8 rear drive. It was the tops in Porsche until the 911 started gaining favor.. All my friends bust my chops because im so pro american. I just say hey its german not jap deal with it.. LOL I get so many people to rethink american the car companies should write me a check. But, I do it because I love this country and people have forgot what america was known for. And need to rememeber it..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LMAO...Good Point Luwinkle, but in my defense I have only had the yoto for a couple years, and I didn't have to pay for it. My parents got it from my grandparents when they couldn't drive anymore. Then my parents didn't need it and I was in the middle of losing my company vehicle and we only had the truck at the time. Plus there is no floor mat on the driver side.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
LMAO...Good Point Luwinkle, but in my defense I have only had the yoto for a couple years, and I didn't have to pay for it. My parents got it from my grandparents when they couldn't drive anymore. Then my parents didn't need it and I was in the middle of losing my company vehicle and we only had the truck at the time. Plus there is no floor mat on the driver side.
Why do guys that own jap cars make excuses why they have them. Are they that ashamed to admit they have one? Is this like AA that you have to stand up and say hi I own a jap car.. LOL Or like when your firends bust you for leaving the bar with the fatest uglyest chick you every seen? Too funny. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts