Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spair key & fob notice theirs cheaper sales on Evil bay, for them, is it worth the risk to get them,
I'm looking to upgrade, mine and get the remote start too, the dealership wants $220sh.. for two and the kit... not including install of almost another $100 :eek:

Also me Antenna.. mines a generic one, half breed :lol:, half sharks fin "non-GM" & black wire rapped in plastic/rubber..
Option's.. a real sharks fin or the RS rear spoiler... witch would you think would give the best performance and over all best appearance ?,
tho.. may need to buy a new trunk if I go w/the spoiler because of the holes on mine or have the trunk lid welded where the sharks fin is located and clean it up &
maybe have a LED third break light built in the spoiler and delete the factory third break light..??

Last.. request, for the vert's out their, does the vert cover really do that much protection when the top is down, I've notice mine lifts & flaps as I'm driving.. I remember some were, someone saying the 13's had new clips & were better than the stock ones.. for the 11's or 12's.. I'd hate to mess up my material on my vert and I remember someone saying the cover on theirs was flapping just as much as if they didn't have it on ?

Any help would be great, thx for any info.. sorry if this stuff has been asked before but I can't seem to find it on our SEARCH.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
394 Posts
You mean the toonueu cover?? Mine doesn't flap at all when on.. When off the fabric on the top flaps in the wind a little..

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Haha.. I told the GM parts guy Tonneau cover, he said they don't have them for the convertible.. only for trucks :lol:
we argued for a minute, til I told him the cover for the vert top.. when the top is down, he then figured what I was talking a bought :facepalm::lol:
When my top is up... its fine, its when its down, not like a lot of flapping, more lifted.. three to four inch's up :eek:
At times, its more of a view, issue than any thing, but I would think it would damage the cloth at some point too :(
I'll post a pic, some time, when its down and you'll see it too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, here's kind of an answer to your tonneau cover question and what I did. Fortunantly I had the newer "bungy" cords. If I would've had the old style, the cover would have been gone.:mad:

I ended up having a large piece of velcro sewn onto the middle rear flap and placing the other on the rear where it slides in. Since doing that, no more movement or lifting.

On a side note; What under the hood cosmetic mods do you plan on doing? e.g. Painting pieces, brushed or polished? Send me your address in a PM and I think I can get you started with your first ones:D (It'll only cost you some posted pics)

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blue ghost flames! You need blue ghost flames! :)
OMG... you read my mind.. I was thinking the same thing :roxor:

Now you need the Technostalgia afterburner sequential LED tail lights! :thumbsup:
Best MOD I ever made with out question.
find them at Technostalgia :: The Creators of the best Gen5 Camaro Tail Lights ;)
I'll check them out, here shortly, gotta get me MOTM review written 2 :lol:
THx buddy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here's kind of an answer to your tonneau cover question and what I did. Fortunantly I had the newer "bungy" cords. If I would've had the old style, the cover would have been gone.:mad:

I ended up having a large piece of velcro sewn onto the middle rear flap and placing the other on the rear where it slides in. Since doing that, no more movement or lifting.

On a side note; What under the hood cosmetic mods do you plan on doing? e.g. Painting pieces, brushed or polished? Send me your address in a PM and I think I can get you started with your first ones:D (It'll only cost you some posted pics)
Holy... cr**, it looked like it was going to fly off... :angry: that cover is not cheap ether...:eek:
As soon as I can afford to buy one I'll take it to a shop & have mine done too (in Velcro) !
Sending PM.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dosent look as bad as I thought. But I would get the convert spoiler with antenna in it.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts