Modern Camaro Forums banner

USB and power outlet(s) problem

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JWD621 
#1 ·
Hello, newbie here, I have a 2 week old (to me) 2010 Camaro 2ss and I have found a couple problems with it.

Number 1 both power outlets the one near the traction button and the one in the console under the arm rest seem to not be working. I tried using a USB charger in each to see if they would charge my iphone. the little light on the piece itself wouldn't illuminate. checked the fuses both 20s are getting power on each side.

Number 2 the USB port will not pick up on any USB thumb drives (tried three), nothing. Tried to 2 iphones (4gs and 6+), nothing. However, Bluetooth is currently working. I'm reading on other posts that the PDIM could be either not work correctly or is out of date. Could that be the case? Unsure of checking what software or hardware is current.

I am capable of replacing the parts if needed, would mean I would have to have it programmed correct? Before getting into throwing parts at it what are some things to look for first?

Thank you
Brian :smile:

#2 ·
That is odd, sounds like someone removed the console at some point and did not connect the ports back up. I would remove the console and check the connections, since you verified the fuses involved I would think that there may be some loose or not connected wires.

#3 ·
Looks like you are correct JWD621, i tore apart the console after work today and appears the USB plugs were taken out and put back in when someone previous put in some little lights in the cup holders and along the console going towards the firewall, as well there was like this weird awfully tough sticky tape around the plugs. looking into a new kit, not sure if my PDIM is up to date the part number is 20840958. the power outlets should be working having that one is tied into the added on lights. I probably didn't have a compatible charger.

#4 ·
Glad to hear that. Your PDIM should already be matched to the original equipment but you never ever know what the previous owner did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.