Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is this 1970 chevelle that i saw sitting at this car dealer place and i would love to have it. I plan on going to see it when i can but i was just wondering what should i look out for when buying an old used car? I think it has seen the ghetto because its riding on like 24's but i was planning on selling them if i bought the car. Is that something i need to be worried about like what they had to do to the car to get them to fit? Also what would i be looking for in the engine like stuff to look for thats bad

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
If you have a friend that's a mechanic take him with you... Just be firm and know what you want

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know some stuff about cars. I was just wondering if there is anything major like under the hood or something

·
Registered
746 Posts
Get some good pictures and we'll try and help you out. The main thing with any old car that we look at it body, rest can fixed pretty easily. If your a bodyman you can tell if the body was messed around, a cheat way is the old magnet trick, magnets dont stick to bondo. But crawl underneath, pay special attention to the rockers, rear wheel wells, and trunk floor. They make repoduction pieces for everything, but I'm not sure if you want to tackle that. But again, if you gte some pics, price, we'll try and help you from the pictures...Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts