Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any body order a v-max ported throttle body lately from RX performance? Im on two weeks now and I can't get a return call or even any one to answer their phone, just a recording of high volume calls. My credit card is collecting interest on the $200 deposit,lol. Just wondering if every thing is okay with them?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my VMax TB from Jordan at JDP Motorsports and there was no deposit charged until my item was shipped. It's not very professional to charge a core charge on an item that hasn't been shipped yet IMO.

I agree. Hopefully maybe ill be able to contact them tommoro?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I agree. Hopefully maybe ill be able to contact them tommoro?
Good luck! I spoke to the guy at RX Performance before I purchased from Jordan and I had the same hard time contacting them as you are having now. In fact...I didn't hear back from them until I mentioned on their thread here (where they were trying to sell the TBs) that no one would answer the phone or my pms.

At that point...I did finally receive a call but the guy was very condescending and he spent way too much time complaining to me about how much money his company had wrapped up in TB inventory...which I consider to be be their problem and not something I want to hear about because it's the cost of doing business. I just don't trust a company that doesn't have enough capital to operate the right way.

Here's a thread that discusses the wait time you may have to endure...

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sponsor-sales-group-purchases/30480-vmax-cnc-spiral-ported-throttle-bodies.html

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well just to ad to this my catch can that i ordered over a month ago just shipped today. I wasn't in a hurry but i was charged on my credit card the day i called. I was told week after week it will ship this week. I think they make some good products thats why i went with them.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Well just to ad to this my catch can that i ordered over a month ago just shipped today. I wasn't in a hurry but i was charged on my credit card the day i called. I was told week after week it will ship this week. I think they make some good products thats why i went with them. I plan on getting there tb but they need to work on customer service.
Buy your VMax TB from JDP Motorsports. Jordan is a great guy to work with and he is very informative technically...and he's ALWAYS willing and available to answer your questions...plus there was no charge until my TB was shipped. VMax Throttle Body Camaro V8

VMax Throttle Body Camaro V6 2010-2011

VMax Throttle Body Camaro V6 2012-2013

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try calling today again,got no email reply back yet. I had ordered the TB and
The black isolator , catch can from them when I had my V6 with no wait time.
I dought At this point I can cancel my order since I cant even get thru to anyone.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ill try calling today again,got no email reply back yet. I had ordered the TB and
The black isolator , catch can from them when I had my V6 with no wait time.
I dought At this point I can cancel my order since I cant even get thru to anyone.
You can dispute the charge with your credit card. Just inform them that you have not heard from the company and you can't get in contact with them. And try the links that Envy posted. If you have troubles or if they are sold out you can always go straight to the source...V-Max themselves. That's where I got mine!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can dispute the charge with your credit card. Just inform them that you have not heard from the company and you can't get in contact with them. And try the links that Envy posted. If you have troubles or if they are sold out you can always go straight to the source...V-Max themselves. That's where I got mine!!
:D

Ill wait two more days,I tried calling again today,nada. Then ill call my credit card co and do as you sugested. I wouldnt be so concerened if they call or email me back. They did once,but that was the first week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, just as I finished the previous post I got a email from Karen at RX Performance
,they are coming in today and will be shipped out today.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,I just got another email that no LS3 TB,s came in. I was told monday now. I'm
Just about to cancel my order. URGG!!!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
When I read your other post I thought "they're stringing him along" and I still think they are...so if it was me I'd cancel the order. As I mentioned before...for whatever reason the company you purchased from treats it's customers in an unprofessional manner and that kinda BS is crap.

Believe it or not...I'm not usually like this because I don't like to bad mouth anyone...for any reason...especially those trying to make a living...but they've pulled this crap on so many people so many times that I just can't keep my mouth shut. [URL="
[/URL]

BTW...Monday is a holiday, President's Day...they won't be getting anything in or shipping it out. So I hate to say this but it sounds like another story to me. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
When I read your other post I thought "they're stringing him along" and I still think they are...so if it was me I'd cancel the order. As I mentioned before...for whatever reason the company you purchased from treats it's customers in an unprofessional manner and that kinda BS is crap.

Believe it or not...I'm not usually like this because I don't like to bad mouth anyone...for any reason...especially those trying to make a living...but they've pulled this crap on so many people so many times that I just can't keep my mouth shut. [URL="
[/URL]

BTW...Monday is a holiday, President's Day...they won't be getting anything in or shipping it out. So I hate to say this but it sounds like another story to me. [URL="
[/URL]
Listen to her...

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Well you saw my other post well Now i looked at my credit card statement. They charged me 229.00 on the day i ordered it 1/1/13. They shipped it 2/12/14 they charged me 229.00 again. What is going on with this place they played that it will ship next week with me. That double charge is making me mad now i have to call and deal with this.
I hate to add insult to injury but I only paid $189 for my Catch Can...hopefully you purchased the oil cap breather unit too and that accounts for the price difference? [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hate to add insult to injury but I only paid $189 for my Catch Can...hopefully you purchased the oil cap breather unit too and that accounts for the price difference? [URL="
[/URL]
No but i had it painted to match the car and i got the steal braided lines. I have another post in here with picture. Don't tell me you got the same options?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yippie, finnaly got the ported TB from RX Performance yesterday. I installed it cause the sun was going down and only idled the SS for ten minutes and bliped the throttle a few time's, ect. I actually can feel and see the tach reving up faster with a better throttle responce just like when I installed one in my 1LT -V6 I had. I haven't drove the SS yet, getting home to late and its supposed to maybe rain and snow sat. Maybe sunday? Oh yea, I could not believe how much oil was in my intake. I park my SS with it on a slight down hill with the nose lower than the rear, so I guess the oil runs to the front of it. Guess a catch can is in order soon, I only have 1550 miles and the amount of oil already in there was alot already.Now Im just waiting for Variram to get the 2012 intakes ready for sale? Then LT'S and a Diablo tuner I guess.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Ordered my TB on wed of this week should be here on Saturday...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered my TB on wed of this week should be here on Saturday...
Even thou it took forever to get my catch can, I believe in a second chance. I ordered the ported throttled body painted summit white about 12 days ago. It seems like everyone has nothing but good things to say about the ptb on here. I will be happy if it gets here in 3 weeks I hope they do me better this time.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Not If you ordered it from RX so they straightened out the double charge. Even thou it took forever to get my catch can, I believe in a second chance. I ordered the ported throttled body painted summit white about 12 days ago. It seems like everyone has nothing but good things to say about the ptb on here. I will be happy if it gets here in 3 weeks I hope they do me better this time.
I ordered from Southwest Speed.net, he one of our ECC members and have heard great things from my ECC brothers. Also got my AAC marker lights on the way as well. Ghosted CRM for $249.00 shipped.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I might have went with someone else but I didn't see anyone that would paint to match. So now I wait there's snow and salt all over the roads in Chicago. Its suppose to get nicer in a week or two hope I gets here by then.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts