Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that the V6 gets single pistons all around (ghey), and the SS gets 4 pistons all around...anyone think they will have a uplevel break system for the V6?
I mean...it boggles my mind that they will have such a huge gap like that...dual pistol all around makes more sense for the V6.
Hell, Harley motorcycles have better brakes. :p
If I converted my rear brakes to discs..I'd have better brakes in my s-10.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Lu, anything is possible with the $$ to make it happen. To my knowledge there won't be any other braking options for the Camaros outside of what you mentioned. The aftermarket will undoubtedly have better rotors and pads to upgrade the stopping abilities of the V6 Camaros shortly after release. The only option (and most expensive) until the aftermarket steps in would be to retrofit the SS Brembos to the V6. That would involve changing several components including the hubs, knuckles, calipers, rotors and a mandatory 20" wheel upgrade to clear the larger calipers. You're looking at a cost of approximately $4-5000 for such an upgrade, and then there's the issue of parts availability. The Brembos would not be available unless some unfortunate soul totals an SS and you score them from a salvage yard.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
We know that the V6 gets single pistons all around (ghey), and the SS gets 4 pistons all around...anyone think they will have a uplevel break system for the V6?
I mean...it boggles my mind that they will have such a huge gap like that...dual pistol all around makes more sense for the V6.
Hell, Harley motorcycles have better brakes. :p
If I converted my rear brakes to discs..I'd have better brakes in my s-10.
It's simple economics. The majority of the Camaro buyers do not care about top of the line performance braking, the majority of the buyers will take a V6 Camaro over the high performance version.

Simple things like single pistion brakes help keep the cost of the V6 car down to the level it needs to be at to ensure more sales of the car.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's simple economics. The majority of the Camaro buyers do not care about top of the line performance braking, the majority of the buyers will take a V6 Camaro over the high performance version.

Simple things like single pistion brakes help keep the cost of the V6 car down to the level it needs to be at to ensure more sales of the car.
I know that, but the question is:
Do you think GM will offer a uplevel brake option for V6?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
I know that, but the question is:
Do you think GM will offer a uplevel brake option for V6?
Well, you called the V6 brake package 'ghey' and it boggles your mind why the gap, that is what I was addressing.

GM does offer an uplevel brake package, it is called the Camaro SS :D

Considering no other GM vehicle in recent history has offered an upgraded brake package on a base model car like that I would be very surprised if GM did that on the V6 Camaro.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, you called the V6 brake package 'ghey' and it boggles your mind why the gap, that is what I was addressing.

GM does offer an uplevel brake package, it is called the Camaro SS :D

Considering no other GM vehicle in recent history has offered an upgraded brake package on a base model car like that I would be very surprised if GM did that on the V6 Camaro.
Even the Impala gets dual pistons up front. :|

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Lu please correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the posts in your thread it doesn't appear you will ever get the answer you're looking for.....in fact it looks like you're just bashing what you 'feel' are inadequate brakes.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Lu please correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the posts in your thread it doesn't appear you will ever get the answer you're looking for.....in fact it looks like you're just bashing what you 'feel' are inadequate brakes.
No idea what you're rambling on about.

I never said they were 'inadequate'.
They'll get the job done. But a uplevel break package would be beneficial.
You two are just bashing me.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts

No rambling ever goes into any of my posts....so :confused:!

As for bashing you, I'm sorry you feel that way. :screwy:

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts

Time out here, who is bashing you?

You referred to the V6 brake package as 'ghey' and said 'Hell, Harley motorcycles have better brakes' - sounds like you think they are at the least inadequate.

Then you asked (twice) if anyone thought GM would offer an 'uplevel break system for the V6'

You saw a couple of replies based on your question and now people are bashing you? OK...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I think the webchats mentioned that the RS package for the V6 would include the Brembos. I remember thinking that since the SS already had the Brembos, then both V6 and V8 RS options better not be the same price. If I'm wrong, let me know, but I swear I saw it somewhere.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I think the webchats mentioned that the RS package for the V6 would include the Brembos. I remember thinking that since the SS already had the Brembos, then both V6 and V8 RS options better not be the same price. If I'm wrong, let me know, but I swear I saw it somewhere.
the rs package is an apperace package only

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I searched (give me rep 54!) and found the web chats. No mention of it. But I don't remember where or IF I saw it. So, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone one else, and say they don't come with the RS. I retract my statement.

Reactions: 54inches

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, I searched (give me rep 54!) and found the web chats. No mention of it. But I don't remember where or IF I saw it. So, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone one else, and say they don't come with the RS. I retract my statement.

i posted web chats (give me rep 55!) lol j/k

·
8,984 Posts
Ask and ye shall RECEIVE!

Lulu, I just talked to the attendant at the gas station and he confirmed that there WILL be a dual piston upgrade for the V6.

This thread can be closed now or set as a sticky as the question has been answered.:lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 46 Posts