Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These specs are also found on the production spec sheet found here:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7001

LLT - 3.6L Direct Injected V6 with Variable Valve Timing

Displacement: 3564cc / 217ci
Bore x Stroke: 3.70" x 3.37" / 94mm x 85.6mm
Block Material: Cast aluminum with cast-in-place iron bore liners
Cylinder Head Material: aluminum
Valvetrain: dual overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing
Ignition System: electronic individual coil-on-plug; individual cylinder knock control and extended-life platinum-tipped spark plugs
Fuel Delivery: direct high-pressure fuel injection
Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
Horsepower: 300 @ 6400rpm
Torque: 273 @ 5200rpm
Maximum Engine Speed: 7000rpm
Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded
Emissions Controls: evaporative system, single close-coupled catalytic converter, equal-length exhaust, single underfloor catalytic converter, positive crankcase ventilation, intake and exhaust cam phasers, electronic throttle control
Fuel Economy (esitmate): 26MPG - Auto Trans

·
Registered
77 Posts
ok found it :rotflmao:

According to Oppenheiser, the new 300-horsepower 3.6-liter V6-equipped Camaro will run from zero to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds regardless of transmission choice. The V6 coupe will cover the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds with an auto and 14.7 seconds with a manual, both at 97 mph. The brakes don't sound quite as impressive, though, as Oppenheiser said the base Camaro stops from 60 to zero mph in 132 feet.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
14.5 in the 1/4 is nothing to sneeze at for a V6 and a curb weight of almost 3700 pounds. A set of drag radials and some good air will put it into the 13's.:roxor:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
14.5 in the 1/4 is nothing to sneeze at for a V6 and a curb weight of almost 3700 pounds. A set of drag radials and some good air will put it into the 13's.:roxor:
Yep. I didn't honestly think I would be seriously considering a V6 Camaro, but after seeing these numbers, I'll have to think twice now about buying an SS m6 RS:mad::D

·
Banned
57 Posts
Can someone explain to me the exhaust setup. I see what looks like 3 cats on each side. Two back to back right after the manifold collector then another after the X-pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Can someone explain to me the exhaust setup. I see what looks like 3 cats on each side. Two back to back right after the manifold collector then another after the X-pipe.
There are only 2 cats (one per cylinder bank) on both the V6 and V8 Camaros. What you see in order from front to back from the picture is a heat shield, a cat and a small muffler just after the x-pipe. The cars come with large resonators just under the rear valance to help cancel certain exhaust tones.

There will also be 4 O2 sensors, 2 pre-cat and 2 post-cat.

·
Banned
57 Posts
There are only 2 cats (one per cylinder bank) on both the V6 and V8 Camaros. What you see in order from front to back from the picture is a heat shield, a cat and a small muffler just after the x-pipe. The cars come with large resonators just under the rear valance to help cancel certain exhaust tones.

There will also be 4 O2 sensors, 2 pre-cat and 2 post-cat.
I thought those huge things at the end were mufflers. That's a lot of weight gone if one gets an aftermarket exhaust with just mufflers and no cats or resonators.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is looking sweet, I'm so ready...I hope SLP makes a performance pac for the V6

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.