Modern Camaro Forums banner

V6 Forced Induction/ Nitrous

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  monty 
#1 ·
Since Camaro5 has no reliability anymore I figured I would post up here.

I know there are a bunch of Camaro5 guys floating in here but,
What is the V6 crowd running here for superchargers, turbos, and nitrous? Also what's going on? How's the car running? stories?
Help me get out my Camaro discussion withdrawals.

#4 ·
..we been running for some time, use our search at our main page, if I remember we do have a lil info, somewhere..:lol:
Like to hear more.. please update as you all go along :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Running the Ny-Trex Triple threat system with a 100 shot jet. Best time so far was 13.33 @ Englishtown this past April. Will be running again at Atco this Saturday 9/21 and will post results and videos.
Car is a 2010 V6 with American Racing headers/high flow cats, ported TB, Blacl-Iceolator, Injen CAI, SS rear with 3:45's, stall converter and 18" drag radials.

#7 ·
I have the IPF setup on my 2010 2LT 6MT. My first experience with FI was with the unfortunately awful RX kit. It was total garbage, still is. Still owes me money.

I've had the IPF kit installed since last December. My car makes enough power to pull away from a stock SS pretty convincingly. Have noticed my car makes a grinding crunching noise upon startup like it did when I had the old Trifecta "Ghost Cam"tune in it.

I'm running rich, installing a new tune in it today. We'll see how that goes. I may have a corrupted ECU. I've heard different reports about the Trifecta tune and how once it's in your ECU, it's hard to remove.

#13 ·
as not a track person, how do you get a higher mph by taking longer to get through the 1/4? or am I reading it wrong?

#16 ·
ok, I think I got it now ... slow start but got moving and tripped the "radar" at a higher speed at the end ... I was thinking a steady gain and nothing about a slow start scenario ... thanks

Now another question ... in concept, the better mph implies the faster car, but with the time, the better car lost, correct? in this case the better driver won, while the (maybe) better car lost, right?

#17 ·
Traction is very important. All the horsepower in the world won't help if you can't get that power to the ground. An experienced driver may know how to launch the car better, that also helps a lot.

If you reference to "better" car as in "faster" car, can't really say the better driver won. I can say the car that "hooked" up better won.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.