Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

By adding a positive displacement Roots-type supercharger, cold air intake and a high-flow exhaust system, Steeda lifts output of the normally mundane V6 Mustang to an impressive 355hp and 365lb-ft. of torque.

...well, not bad, but a V6 Camaro will have almost that much power from the factory. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impressive numbers for sure, but that particular 350hp 3.5L incorporates TwinForce technology, which is not only direct injection but also a turbocharger.

So... slap a turbocharger on a GM DI 3.6L V6 and see what happens. :D ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
355 hp on a dead weight with solid axle. Still, no thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
actually thats not to bad..but the price must be GT range

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Given its a steeda I'll bet its higher than a GT. s/c package uninstalled is probably about 4k+. But the next round of hi-po FI/DI v6's should be interesting. Glad to see GM finally taking steps into the FI ring.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Yes dear I know I was referring to this
Impressive numbers for sure, but that particular 350hp 3.5L incorporates TwinForce technology, which is not only direct injection but also a turbocharger.

So... slap a turbocharger on a GM DI 3.6L V6 and see what happens. :D ;)
:p. I'm sure with GM finally getting into the FI ring they will counter it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
v6 + supercharger = 355hp?...what's the point? The price would put it right up with a V8.

The option from the parts counter for a supercharger from Steeda, Ford, Shelby, Tom, Dick, and Harry makes it better I guess when you tell the insurance guy 'It's only a 6 cylinder.'

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
v6 + supercharger = 355hp?...what's the point? The price would put it right up with a V8.

The option from the parts counter for a supercharger from Steeda, Ford, Shelby, Tom, Dick, and Harry makes better I guess when you tell the insurance guy 'It's only a 6 cylinder.'
I dunno. I checked out their website (which DOESN'T include pricing) and the V-6 Steeda, not only isn't bad looking for a Mustang, but they throw in ALOT of suspension upgrades too. I'm not sure what the price on one is, but if it's under $30K, that's NOT BAD...hell, under $40K would be a good price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.