Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he talking about Camaro or something else? This is a disscussion about other Zeta vehicles(el camino???)

http://jalopnik.com/342658/we-ask-gms-rick-wagoner-about-a-new-el-caminoback+asswardly

Any discussions on whether one may be a V6 only and one may be a V6/V8?
Not at this time. I think the general discussion going forward...as we look at these products will be challenging ourselves whether we need an eight in these products going forward. Hey, when you develop products...we've got to hold ourselves to a higher standard on these. I saw some early data...not sure if it was just a region of the country...but it definitely skewed towards the four's. That's a big change from the old generation.

That's not to say the Camaro...for younger buyers maybe a six or a turbo-charged six may hold a higher cache...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
y not a turbo V8

i kinda like the STS systems

*edit*
i hate to bring up Ford in this, but back in the day (80s i believe) the Mustang came with a Turbo 4 option and at the time it was considered the engine of the future and that a turbo 4 would eventually replace the v8.

true if ur an import tuner, but not true for those that live by the good ol adage: there is no replacement for displacement.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
While I wouldn't mind if a turbo V6 showed up in the Camaro, it would not be my preference.
Me likey V8s. :D

Though that DI 3.6L V6 with a snail on it could be pretty stout...
Already over 300hp as-is, with forged internals, bigger camshafts, about 8-10psi, and a racier tune, it could get to 400hp pretty quick!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its V8 all the way for me too.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Gotta have 8.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, 8 for me. But a Turbo 6 would at least make me look at the numbers, and if it sounded [email protected]$$, and the numbers were right, I might consider it.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
And that car is "supposed" to be quiet. The Camaro isn't. :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
V8, L76 or LS3. No 6. The turbo six is cool, but not for a car that not in that niche.

But if the Turbo V6 was in the G6 or Soltice (or its replacement), then I would say go head.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
i'd rather have a supercharged 8!

·
Registered
328 Posts
At this point, if there is a V6 turbo offered, reasonably priced with decent HP#'s and stuff, I'd consider it. :)
I feel the same way brother.

:patriot:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd be okay with it, especially if a turbo V6 gets more people to take a look at and buy the Camaro. Would be an interesting option for the "performance" V6. I wonder what the final engine choices will be though, I can't say for sure which one I would buy until I know for sure what my choices are.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I wouldn't mind a turbo 6 in something like a Colorado, Trailblazer, or mid size sedan (Syclone/Typhoon/GNX anyone?) but for a Camaro I'm with lu that's just wrong.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts