Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Yeah they're way different. :) The press release talked about it a little. I just wish the SS would lose the nose "scoop."

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
keep in mind, it could be there for cooling reasons for the V8. Make sure you do some research before modding a cay that Chevy spent MILLIONS OF $$$ on the design.

99% of the time, everything has a reason.

·
Registered
77 Posts
keep in mind, it could be there for cooling reasons for the V8. Make sure you do some research before modding a cay that Chevy spent MILLIONS OF $$$ on the design.

99% of the time, everything has a reason.
Aye, I am guess the extra grill above the logo is for cooling reasons. It for sure won't improve air dynamics for speed. Wouldnt switch or fill it up if I were you ;)

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
The top 'mailbox' slit is not open and serves no purpose other than aesthetics. There are no cooling benefits with or without it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like it, they look different, but in a nice somewhat subtle (in my opinion) way. Both cars look good to me, though I would want Blue rather than red, the black one looks sweet as well. It's about the right amount of difference between the two models in my opinion.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Actually, I'll probably fill it in with fiberglass filler. :) I dig the more aggressive front end of the SS.
I like the more aggressive lower front end on the SS, but I think I may try to fill in the "mail slot" when I go for an aftermarket hood.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
The top 'mailbox' slit is not open and serves no purpose other than aesthetics. There are no cooling benefits with or without it.
You are SOOOOO wrong on this.....

It does serve a purpose....how else are you going to catch bugs?

Actually, I can see a huge aftermarket for making things to stuff in there. Knight Rider lights, neon lights. A light to flash to other SSs on the road. A big Bull's nose ring. Possibilities are endless!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
You are SOOOOO wrong on this.....

It does serve a purpose....how else are you going to catch bugs?

Actually, I can see a huge aftermarket for making things to stuff in there. Knight Rider lights, neon lights. A light to flash to other SSs on the road. A big Bull's nose ring. Possibilities are endless!

LMAO! Okay, you can be the Beta tester for the nose ring, but whose going to try these?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hehe. A friend of mine wants some of those made out of metal, so they drag behind his car and make sparks. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
very true for the slit.. but the lower fascia is a different story.. the SS obviously has a larger vent in the lower fascia.. and this may be required for cooling the engine

i dont think they will be interchangeable.. without effecting the airflow to the engine

personally, i like them both.. the SS fascia is clearly more aggressive and apparently a bit more divisive.. i think it looks great

·
Registered
77 Posts
The v8 grill does look more agressive, but dont see how this gonna impove the airflow and thus the speed of the car. Air will only get hold up in that hole above the logo if its closed. But then again guess they prefer looks over speed as I do :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts