Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that GM was considering the FE3 for the V6, has anyone heard anything about this? The V8 is great, but I would be seriously swayed if they would offer the goodies on the V6. Brakes and suspension would make the V6 much more of a sports car than just a "sporty coupe". Any pressure on GM to do this? It sure would help sell more of the V6's. Right now the enthusiast are going for V8's about four to one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I doubt it. GM seems to think that people don't want options with the lower powertrain model.

Look at all of their other cars.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I really think GM should offer the FE3 suspension and Brembo brake upgrade as options on the V6.
There is definitely a market for it, and while maybe it wouldn't be all that popular, I'm sure the 5-10% of V6 buyers that would want it would appreciate it!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
What boggles my mind is why not offer everything as an option to every model? What does it hurt? I can understand not having it standard as most wouldn't want Brembos and would rather have a cheaper car, but why not let those that want it have it? Just like POSI. They need management change ASAP in Detroit.

·
8,984 Posts
What boggles my mind is why not offer everything as an option to every model? What does it hurt? I can understand not having it standard as most wouldn't want Brembos and would rather have a cheaper car, but why not let those that want it have it? Just like POSI. They need management change ASAP in Detroit.
I know, nothing, I know, exactly, AMEN!:lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd get that option if available and I agree, most people probably wouldn't want the sport suspension on the v6 models, but some would.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well said. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
the assembly line would be F~ING complicated

·
Registered
111 Posts
the assembly line would be F~ING complicated
Yep. More options on more models means more build combinations, which means more costs spread across the car. I don't pretend to understand it fully...but it isn't pretty. There's a reason they don't have those infinite check-lists anymore...:(

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
What about a retro fit? Can the calipers and mounts be swapped without further changes?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
What about a retro fit? Can the calipers and mounts be swapped without further changes?
They should be able to, but then there's the issue with caliper clearance. You would need the larger wheels if the V6 wasn't equipped with the RS package.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They should be able to, but then there's the issue with caliper clearance. You would need the larger wheels if the V6 wasn't equipped with the RS package.
So the 20" or 21" rims would be needed, gotcha.:thumbsup: Got that covered wanting a 2LT/RS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have brought this point up on more than 1 occasion to a few people...;)
The last time was at Indy when I asked Al Oppenheiser if there were any plans to offer this on the V6 car. He replied that a "few pieces" from the FE3 suspension were gonna find their way onto the V6 car - without any fanfare.
I honestly forget which pieces he was referring to, but I believe they would end up being part of the RS/20" wheel package.
Nuthin' on the brakes.
Interesting that Hyundai is offering a track suspension and upgraded brakes on both 4 cyl and V6 versions of their new coupe.

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
176 Posts
^ There's also the after market bolt ons that will follow the launch. The Brembo's aren't the only top quality brake parts out there. It's just going to take a little time for'em to get up to speed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting that Hyundai is offering a track suspension and upgraded brakes on both 4 cyl and V6 versions of their new coupe.
I smell model-year changes in the wind for the Camaro....do you?;)

·
8,984 Posts
What about on their V8?

Oh, wait....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.