Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Whats amazing to me is my 69 is has the numbers matching 396/350hp motor still in it NO power adders , Cams or anything just plain old American Factory Big Block fun....... I have put 87 in the car before and it seems to idle rough.
It seems like the car has a miss but when I put the normal 93 octane pump gas in her as most of us do in late model Camaro's you can really hear and feel the difference in how she idles.....Cam sounds better.

Even better I can drive about 20 minutes outside of the city limits where the emmisions are not so strict and less environmental friendly ( where they dont add the addative for cleaning air ) and It really Runs/idles better :D difference between that gas and gas in the city pumps.....City Gas looks green the other looks more clear :roxor:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Theres one on Route 45 in Spring Valley. Its a Getty station. All the way down 45 almost to Jersey. Funny thing is if you have the extra ten minutes and go to Jersey you can get 93 for only a couple cents more than e85 :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
are there special edition camaros that have higher than 422? ive been off the internet for a while, and having the camaro vs/ challenger talk... he says hurst challenger puts out 475. what is camaros comparative edition. i know they got somthin

·
Registered
115 Posts
The L99 heads are definitely going soon. Is there better heads than the LS3 to replace them with?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The L99 heads are definitely going soon. Is there better heads than the LS3 to replace them with?
Where did you get the ls3 and l99 have different heads? I do know the differences are the l99 has valve cut reliefs in the pistons and vvt that really is just a cam sproket and different lifters from what I have read to do the l99 to ls3 conversion all you do is get rid of the vvt change lifters no real big deal the l99 has less compression simply cause of the valve reliefs in the pistons as far as the reliefs in the pistons well both ls3 and l99 have crap for piston and rods the best change in these are just that piston and rod change not heads.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Where did you get the ls3 and l99 have different heads? I do know the differences are the l99 has valve cut reliefs in the pistons and vvt that really is just a cam sproket and different lifters from what I have read to do the l99 to ls3 conversion all you do is get rid of the vvt change lifters no real big deal the l99 has less compression simply cause of the valve reliefs in the pistons as far as the reliefs in the pistons well both ls3 and l99 have crap for piston and rods the best change in these are just that piston and rod change not heads.

Thanks for the info. Any recomendations for type of pistons or valves. Is there any kits out there?

·
Registered
328 Posts
It really depends on you wants and desires.
If you really want to keep your engine warranty, then no.
But if you can do without (most of the time you'll be perfectly fine without), then yes, definitely its worth it.
You can get a ton of power with a cam and supporting mods, more than say a brand new ZL1 from the factory!
You can get anywhere from 400-500+ horsepower to the ground with just a cam and supporting mods (intake, headers, exhaust), and be naturally aspirated, and perfectly streetable.
Plus they make the exhaust sound super sweet! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
45th camaro

I have the 45th edition Camaro and i put a set of Flowmaster mufflers on it adn when i put it on the dyno it was only putting out 330 at the rear wheels and 350lb of tourk. Any suggestions on how i could brin up the hp to about 400 at least with only bolt on's?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have the 45th edition Camaro and i put a set of Flowmaster mufflers on it adn when i put it on the dyno it was only putting out 330 at the rear wheels and 350lb of tourk. Any suggestions on how i could brin up the hp to about 400 at least with only bolt on's?
Mufflers won't add much performance, headers, Cold air intake and a custom performance tune will wake things up

21 - 34 of 34 Posts