Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!!!

There is anybody that can tell me how the valve lifters of 3.6 - V6 engine works?...I mean are they hydraulic? I'm asking this question because I couldn't find any detailed information about this matter, and I been earing a funny noise (with hot engine) that sounds like when you get hydraulic pushers and they are discharging themselves, but as the V6 is DOHC I rely don't know how they work, any help will be very wellcome!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
What you hearing is the high pressure DI injectors hammering. The overhead cam followers are very silent. Remember, your engine is running at 2,000 PSI fuel pressure vs a traditional port injection engine of the past running at 45-55 PSI.

The other possibility is if you have high miles on it the HPDI pump driven off the drivers side intake camshaft rear may be failing, or the timing chain issue if you have not been using full synthetic and are using the cheaper DEXOS rated syn blend wears the tensioners and chains out quicker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SC2150, I was told before that this noise was the Injectors, any way I get as a rule to ask few times and then to pick the answer I been given more times, and off course from people that have a Camaro and some knowledge about how they work, in the other hand I have to be carefull and if there is anything to do on the car, to do it before I send it to my country because overthere the camaro was launch just this year for first time in his hystory!

·
Registered
775 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts