Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would've liked to see the option available on the SS models for the variable exhaust setup that was on the Camaro. Not sure why it wasn't since the technology already exists for the LS3. Anyone have an idea, besides cost? How hard would it be to get this setup from a Vette and install it on a Camaro?

·
8,984 Posts
I am adding this option to any of my future cars:

:lol:

Oh wait I don't think that is what you were talking about.....

·
Banned
12 Posts
Wortec Active Exhaust

What about the Wortec Exhaust developed for the Vaxhaull VXR8 (Pontiac G8). The G8 FT/GXP are/were on my radar if the Camaro didn't make it to production. Sooo in the never ending search for performance gains.. I was led to their site. http://www.wortec.co.uk/uk/vxr8.html seems like someone should be able to modify the system to fit the fantabulous 2SS :D, IF you can get one to the good ole USA.:5go::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
the NPP really isnt worth the money 6hp gaine Eh most wont notice the Diffrence..and you get a better Exhaust tone....But anyway u slice it..you still gonna get factory sounding exhaust and not much Growl unless your at WOT all the time.

·
8,984 Posts
interesting hmmmmm cutouts :thumbsup: how well does that exhaust flow ?
with all the bends and etc.
There typically is not any reduction, or if any it is immeasurable; mandrel bent system with 15 degree bends.

There are some systems, which I prefer, where the Daily exhaust is straight through and the cut-outs are an=gled out....let me see if I can find a pic.....

·
8,984 Posts
Corvette Example:

Best I could find and it is a terrible example.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the NPP really isnt worth the money 6hp gaine Eh most wont notice the Diffrence..and you get a better Exhaust tone....But anyway u slice it..you still gonna get factory sounding exhaust and not much Growl unless your at WOT all the time.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Quiet 90% of the time, nice growl building into a roar at WOT. Last time I checked, no real gain was evident on any catback system anyhow so hp gains are negligible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts