Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
xxSkullZxx
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have the Black vent stripes on my car right now, but I see more and more Camaros that have forgone highlighting the vents. What are your thoughts? Are the vent stripe accents a little too much?

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I have fades with outlines. Looks real from 5 feet.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I like the vents black / dark, however, I'm not sure I would put white (or light) on a dark car.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,787 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put the black vent stripes on mine....as a matter of fact that is the only change or mod I have done so far....I think it was just enough to make the body from a side view really stand out....plan on doing exhaust and a tune, but really enjoying what is there for now....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the real accent on the fake vents like they had on old Camaros and a sticker too.........

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think they are too much, the cleaner this car is the better it looks IMHO, although I have seen some cars with stripes that I though looked good, I would like to see more pictures of people have done with the vents.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well most Camaro's will not have any vent decals because they were never offered that way stock with the exception of special edition cars. My view is mixed but I will probably end up with Black fade decals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vent Stripes

Guys, I have the Black vent stripes on my car right now, but I see more and more Camaros that have forgone highlighting the vents. What are your thoughts? Are the vent stripe accents a little too much?
I assume you mean the Gill Stripes, no there not too much, some people like the look some don't. I went with RED Reflective ones on mine so that when another cars headlights hit them they stand out. Some people are more plain Jane than others, never feel bad about what you do to your car, all that matters is that you like it.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
This thread got me to get off my butt and order the black fade decals. Getting them on will probably take an act of congress, lot's of honey do's and yard work in my immediate future.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
This thread got me to get off my butt and order the black fade decals. Getting them on will probably take an act of congress, lot's of honey do's and yard work in my immediate future.
man, I feel your pain and know what you mean ... I need to get my LED parking lights back in :lol: .... make sure you get them on good and let them dry well ... first time out I lost one and a half ... I really need to fix that also

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get yourself a spray bottle and put in some dish soap and fill it with water. remove the stripes from the paper backing they come on and spray them so there wet, also spray the car get it nice and wet. doing this will help you position the stripes and move them around to your satisfaction. then simply let them dry a good 2-4 hours before driving. they will come out perfect. I did this with mine and they were easy to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Get yourself a spray bottle and put in some dish soap and fill it with water. remove the stripes from the paper backing they come on and spray them so there wet, also spray the car get it nice and wet. doing this will help you position the stripes and move them around to your satisfaction. then simply let them dry a good 2-4 hours before driving. they will come out perfect. I did this with mine and they were easy to install.
I'd let them dry a lot longer at least if it is cool ... mine dried 15 hours, but it was cool. I think someone might have suggested a hair drier

1 - 20 of 23 Posts