Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a loud vibration noise when I press the gas petal. Standing at the rear at idle I can hear it coming from the area of the pass side exhaust. The exhaust seems to be firmly in place. Anyone have the same issue and/or advice? I can take to the dealer but haven't had the time.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
if your exhaust stock or aftermarket?

if its aftermarket:
check the tunnel brace clearance with the exhaust, the exhaust could be sagging on the brace.

if its stock:
take it to the dealer and get new mufflers. there is a TSB for the baffles inside the mufflers coming loose on some vehicles. can't remember where i saw that at. might wanna do a little digging! google is a great tool.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your exhaust stock or aftermarket?

if its aftermarket:
check the tunnel brace clearance with the exhaust, the exhaust could be sagging on the brace.

if its stock:
take it to the dealer and get new mufflers. there is a TSB for the baffles inside the mufflers coming loose on some vehicles. can't remember where i saw that at. might wanna do a little digging! google is a great tool.
All stock. The vibration being from the heat shield sounds right. I'll check it out I'd much rather turn a wrench myself than the time and trouble of taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer is replacing both baffles, service writer said mine wasn't the first one he's seen with this issue. Happened around the 22K mi mark.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I brought my car in for the same thing and the dealership ended up replacing my exhaust due to loose baffles. The heat shield was fine, but after a week the sound came back. I took it back in and the tech found a bad gasket preventing one of the 02 sensors from seating properly (I believe he said left bank 02 sensor). Anyway once they replaced the gasket and sensor the noise is gone.

Also the PI is #PI0027: Rattle Noise Under Vehicle - May Be Engine RPM Related - (Feb 3, 2010)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem. Went to the dealer today. Thy ordered me a new exhaust system. I was trying to get them to upgrade to another system but they wouldn't. Has any one had any luck with them upgrading?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I had the same problem. Went to the dealer today. Thy ordered me a new exhaust system. I was trying to get them to upgrade to another system but they wouldn't. Has any one had any luck with them upgrading?
You mean a better GM exhaust? If it costs more than a warranty replacement I doubt they'd do it. That would be a great time to upgrade to a better aftermarket exhaust though, out of your own pocket for the parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts