1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://video.lsxtv.com/video_detail.php?mId=1700

interview with Ed peper

Recap: ( I did the best I could)

"You have to come out with the latest and greatest in varying engines and trim levels"

"We're going to have some unexpected surprises when we bring the model to market in early part of 2009"

"We will start building these vehicles at the end of 2008, It will really start ariving at the end of 08, first part of 2009. That will be for the coupe version, the convertible version will probley be by the end of the year, you know within a year of the time we release the hardtop"

"Something that is obviously very important to consumers today is fuel economy and

"Were going to probley provide a version that gives really really strong fuel economy, especially if we bring out a V6 version of this particular vehicle and even the eight cylinder product that we produce in 8 cylinder engines, were still going to have great fuel economy with those as well

That is something that is really important because the folks that love muscle cars are going to love our V8 variants alot, but I think for us to broaden the appeal of this vehicle to younger folks, the gen Y crowd, to really be aspirational we're going to have to privide some fuel economy, you know, in some of the versions we bring out"

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I liked these parts, I wonder if they mean anything?

"We're going to have some unexpected surprises when we bring the model to market in early part of 2009"

"the folks that love muscle cars are going to love our V8 variants alot"

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I liked these parts, I wonder if they mean anything?

"the folks that love muscle cars are going to love our V8 variants alot"
V8 VARIANTS huh.......so that rules out the 1 V8 theory!

YES!!!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
V8 VARIANTS huh.......so that rules out the 1 V8 theory!

YES!!!

BOO-YAH!!!!!!!! The most powerful option model, please.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"unexpected surprises" makes me think more than just an LS3 the first year. I think that would be something unexpected. It makes me think a GT500 fighter first year.:D I'm thinking 3 V8's now:D

The reason I say this is L76 or LS3 are expected something more is unexpected right?

Hybrid would also be unexpected though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
"unexpected surprises" makes me think more than just an LS3 the first year. I think that would be something unexpected. It makes me think a GT500 fighter first year.:D I'm thinking 3 V8's now:D

The reason I say this is L76 or LS3 are expected something more is unexpected right?

Hybrid would also be unexpected though.
lmfao, to be honest....ANYTHING is unexpected from me at this point. I just have NO clue wtf they're going to do.........soooo yeah ahaha.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmfao, to be honest....ANYTHING is unexpected from me at this point. I just have NO clue wtf they're going to do.........soooo yeah ahaha.
I know, I'm dreaming:lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thats what Ive been sayin I really think that they want to see what the comp is going to do so they dont fall behind.
Octane please be right about the roof lineing. All I need is for it to be as tall as the 4rh gen. In that video the which I've said befor the car doesnt look tall people friendly.
And those wheels are just to big they look like they rub on a good bump or tight turn.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I think multiple vehicle placement for LS3, its variants, will make this all possible. But I dont expect a LS9/8 or S/C 6.2L in a mass production model or anything. Maybe in a limited production or special lineup model like a GT500, or SRT-8.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thats what Ive been sayin I really think that they want to see what the comp is going to do so they dont fall behind.
Octane please be right about the roof lineing. All I need is for it to be as tall as the 4rh gen. In that video the which I've said befor the car doesnt look tall people friendly.
And those wheels are just to big they look like they rub on a good bump or tight turn.
22's in the back and 21's in the front...to big for production yes. C'mon man, it's a concept you seriously think they're going to mass produce a camaro with 22's and 21's!? :BangHead:

·
Registered
332 Posts
22's in the back and 21's in the front...to big for production yes. C'mon man, it's a concept you seriously think they're going to mass produce a camaro with 22's and 21's!? :BangHead:
:screwy:
Come on man no where in there did I say anything about the production car havin 22's on it. I just stated that those wheels look awful thats all.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is what I was thinking about. If it will fit 24 in wheels then it should fit some wide 18 in wheels/tires. It is different for the Camaro and the Impala than it is for the G8, so the Camaro and Imapala might just fit wider wheels/tires. So if 295s will if on the G8 hopefully 315s will fit the Camaro.

http://www.automotivefaqs.com/gm-makes-sure-2009-camaro-matches-concept.html

The expensive change was made to allow the Camaro and Impala to fit 20-inch wheels without compromising steering lock and turning radius. A Holden source told the magazine the car could even fit 24-inch wheels without issue, although that’s not likely to actually happen.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
:screwy:
Come on man no where in there did I say anything about the production car havin 22's on it. I just stated that those wheels look awful thats all.
Oh, I guess I just assumed that's what you were thinking because you were saying it doesn't look tall people friendly and you were refering to the CONCEPT and talking about the production model

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oh, I guess I just assumed that's what you were thinking because you were saying it doesn't look tall people friendly and you were refering to the CONCEPT and talking about the production model
Naw
Its cool, i was talkin about the roof lining because im 6.2 i dont want my head to be scrapin the roof. And the wheels on the concept dont look good to me at all. I want see the car with some 20's on it. Hell that might be to big. Funny thing is the concept looks like it wont look right with any wheels under a 20. I hope thats not the case for production.
Who makes 20inch drag radials u know.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am hoping for some new drag tire sizes when the Camaro comes out. There should be a demand for the then.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I'm 6'2" as well, and I also need a couple inches because you have to wear a helmet for Autocrossing!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah the concepts have "chopped roofs" for visual effect.
Production greenhouse is taller by probably 1-1½ inches.
Though it's not as small as it seems, cuz taller people have driven the coupe concept without a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts