Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone looking for a cost-effective performance boost (nothing excessive), I suggest a cold air intake, coupled with a ported throttle body. My CAI is from CAI, Inc and my TB was ported by VMAX. To add a little bling under the hood, I had Tracy at RX Products paint the TB to match the car. Both Pete and Tracy were great folks to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Awesome results for a mere $150 for sure.

Were signing on as a supporting vendor and will put some threads up when were on. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
For anyone looking for a cost-effective performance boost (nothing excessive), I suggest a cold air intake, coupled with a ported throttle body. My CAI is from CAI, Inc and my TB was ported by VMAX. To add a little bling under the hood, I had Tracy at RX Products paint the TB to match the car. Both Pete and Tracy were great folks to work with.
Awesome results for a mere $150 for sure.

Were signing on as a supporting vendor and will put some threads up when were on. :thumbsup:
Welcome to :5go:!!!! What's the Price on the Ported TB with Color in either IOM or Gloss Black?? Is the TB New Plug & Play or Exchange???

·
Registered
17 Posts
VMAX is super! VERY noticiable difference in performance!!! Picked mine up through Jannetty Racing

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thats what I'm looking for thanks for posting it, it looks great.

·
Registered
775 Posts
$150 plus $15 S&H and add $50 for any current GM color custom mixed to match your exterior. $200 refundable core charge. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
VMAX is super! VERY noticiable difference in performance!!! Picked mine up through Jannetty Racing
Like wise. I just installed mine. Super easy install. It took me 30 min to bolt it on, (10 min) take a 15 min test drive and package up the core. You do notice a difference. I might go back to the dyno and see how much of an increase there is.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I decided to polish mine. I put it on the wire wheel and this is how it turned out. I am going to try my hand at buffing. I bought a cheep set of wheel that go on a drill. They seem to fray alot. Is that normal?

VMaxTB.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Dyno before and after as close together as possible would be nice.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have two dyno runs already. The first was last fall with just the RotoFab CAI. Secnd time was for a full dyno tune after installing Kooks LT with high flow cats and a Borla cat back. So I am at 372 fwhp and 380 ft-lb. But.. I also added solid core plug wires too. I want to see if I can get 500 fwhp without a blower or cam.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
And the more I drive it the more I like it. The throttle just feels easier and smother. I finished buffing it out and put a coat of clear on it. The black looks nice too.
Then I went to the hardware store and got some chrome allen head cap screws to top it off. Black10, that would look nice on your black.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts