Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volant Cai w/Powercore Dry Filter (see Link) http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=604

I bought this about 4 months ago, from another owner who installed and used it on some dyno pulls, then removed it deciding to go another route...

I have never installed it, I was waiting to see if there was going to be a fix for the CEL issue. Bottom line is No, so if you dont mind the CEL, or you are getting, or already have a tune, then this is the CAI you want, from all reports this system with the Powercore Dry Filter flows a whole lotta air...

I am not ready to step up to a tune yet so its got to go. The best price I have found for new is $279. So save yourself some money for other mods...

*$200 shipped is to the lower 48 any others we will just have to work it out

V/R,
Nick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not throwing a trouble code. it has been reported that it will trigger a CEL due to the large amount of air. The owner I purchased it from claimed no codes or CEL's, there are others who have reported it does and those who say it doesn't. Volant tech support says no problems, but to make sure you disconnect the Battery during install so the computers values are reset and it will learn with the increased air flow. Then there have been those who claim that it is flowing so much air that you need a tune to compensate and take advantage of. I don't have the funds to go with a tune and other mods right now, so I have decided to sell and wait till such a time when I can do some mods...

V/R,
Nick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not SOLD... Buyer backed out, so its back up For Sale

$190 Shipped anywhere in the lower 48

V/R,
Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts