Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of curiosity, what are they copying? (Too lazy to actually read up on the cars in question.)
Honda and Volvo are copying the Chevy Volt Concept. Basically it's a reverse "Hybrid" The car is actually driven by an electric motor. The gasoline engine is there simply as a "generator" to recharge the batteries and/or provide electricity for the electric motor. Honda's concept (in art form only) looks REMARKABLY like the Volt even. At least Volvo is using it's own car (a C30)

pfisterlevel said:
If the car saves the environment, does it really matter if it is copied? We will all benefit from this technology.
Just my two cents.....

John
No, I suppose it doesn't matter, but I have a question for you: Is it O.K. to have a sense of pride that the domestic (Made in America) car company we all know and love was the instigator of this pattern of thought? That they came up with initial concept of this type of Hybrid? I think it's pretty **** cool.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
Hrm, I though the fuss was about a motor at each wheel.

Props to GM for doing the right thing. (My stepdad has a Prius, and while it certainly deserves a lot of credit for all kinds of stuff, I've noticed that it relies on the little gas engine quite a bit. Honestly, I bet a 1992 eg6 Civic would get roughly the same mileage, since it weighs about 35lbs.)

I still want a Tesla Roadster or a Toyota FT-HS concept. :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
No, I suppose it doesn't matter, but I have a question for you: Is it O.K. to have a sense of pride that the domestic (Made in America) car company we all know and love was the instigator of this pattern of thought? That they came up with initial concept of this type of Hybrid? I think it's pretty **** cool.
Good point. It ironic on how we are seen as the reckless petro-users and we usher in a system that will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.