Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, guys and gals, we spent our 4th of July installing the first performance mod on the Bee... SLP Loudmouth!! and now our Camaro sounds as good as it looks :thumbsup: i have lots of pics and video. i'll have to put them up in a couple of posts.

it was very easy to install. it only took about an hour and 15 minutes. no lift needed. hell, we didn't even use a jack or jack stands. all you need is a sawzall to cut the stock pipes, a sharpie and a ruler to mark where u cut, and some WD40 to make the mounts slide out of the hangers easier. SLP also has good directions to follow.

continued...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
and since each of the stock mufflers way a million pounds (no offense GM), i figure we are gettin some good weight savings too.

before:

after:

before, it was all quiet and stuff... now it growls :D it sounds soooooo AWESOME! we are so happy with our new SLP LM.

lemme go upload the video, then i'll post it up too. ;)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
here's a quick sound clip:

SLP did an AWESOME job on this product. easy to install... fits right up... great directions... and a price no one else with stainless exhaust can beat!!! KUDOS to them on such a killer setup!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no drone inside the car at all. you hear a light rumble at idle. a better rumble under moderate acceleration. it gets good and loud under WOT. and it sounds pretty stock when you cruise at hwy speed in 6th gear.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that sounds really good, now will that void any warranty? thats the only thing that is going to make me nervous about modding a new car

And I thought the 55 gallon drum they had for a muffler on my GMC was big :lol:

Sounds like a nice mod :D
What does that kit set you back?
on www.slpshop.com that kit is $405 with $5 shipping

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it would not void the entire warranty on the car. it would only possibly void your warranty on the parts affected, which would be the portion of your stock exhaust from the axle back. and i dunno about you, but i've never had to make a warranty claim on stock GM exhaust. ;)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
it would not void the entire warranty on the car. it would only possibly void your warranty on the parts affected, which would be the portion of your stock exhaust from the axle back. and i dunno about you, but i've never had to make a warranty claim on stock GM exhaust. ;)
cool thanks, only asking cuz i never owned a brand new car yet and figure u guys know the real deal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow,,, that sounds great ! Now what can i sell for 400 bucks?......

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice! Weight reduction and performance mod :thumbsup:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
That sounds good!
If there's really no drone inside the car during driving, this might be the route I'll go too. :)

That's one thing I hated about my 4th Gen with the Loudmouth, it sounded great from outside the car, but inside the drone was so unbearable it eventually led me to ditch the LM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
.Ive been Lurking since Dec and Ordered a month ago through an Allocation avail Dealer C.G.M. 2SS with R.S.. Ive followed many Posts here and can not send enough thanks to all the Forum Members for all their research and well meant debates over all aspects of this Great Machine.I respect Selena for Her Post on this Exhaust mod. Im digging the sound and appreciate the time you took to enlighten us.,What ive been watching for.

·
Registered
470 Posts
That sounds nice! :5go:

Remind your husband how lucky he is to have you...

...my wife would kill me if my car sounded like that.

-Brad

1 - 20 of 45 Posts