Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The most important option with the CGM color scheme is the availablity of black or charcoal rims with the SS/RS. Do that for this yr and the rest is history :) 20'' THAT IS ":)
Will be the meanist , wicked looking MACHINE on the road.
Merry Xmas
Mike

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I am going to inquire if they can have these available earlier...I mean I only want my SS/RS for July 1st...so it 'could' happen;)
sure...it's good to dream.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make sure that all colors are available on all models. While I'm torn between 2LT and 1SS, if I can't get an SS in Imperial Blue Metallic I will take the 2LT over the 1SS. I think it said that Imperial Blue Metallic and Aqua Blue Metallic (which are my first 2 choices in color, Grey would be next) weren't available on the SS models in the workbook.

I think that's a bad idea to make certian colors, particularily any shade of BLUE, (being a primary color and a fairly common one) unavailable in some models. I'm hoping that I read it wrong and Imperial Blue Metallic or Aqua Blue Metallic are available on the SS it would be silly in my opinion, for them not to be available. I also notice on the Camaro builder that Aqua Blue Metallic and Imperial Blue Metallic are not available color choices on the SS models. Other potential buyers, may also say, "If I gotta shell out more than 30K for an SS, I should be able to get it equipped the way I want it in the color I want it". It's a pretty reasonable position to hold and GM ignores it at their own peril. Blue is not an unusual color for someone to want a car in.

Also make LSD (Limited Slip Differential) an option for those who want a 6 with an automatic transmission. I have no problem with getting a stick, because I know how to drive one and like driving a stick, but there are likely potential buyers that don't. Younger buyers might not like it if only one of their wheels spin when they floor the car. They may or may not ask for a LSD, but it should be available, as an option, to those who want it, but don't want the additional insurance costs associated with the SS or to have to shift gears manually.

They should also make dual-zone climate control at least an available option on the LT and SS models.

If people are going to have to pay nearly 30K for a well-equipped Camaro (a 2LT plus a sunroof and the RS package is pretty close to that. $29,680.00 according to the Camaro Builder on Z28.com with a 6M transmission) they should be able to get the options they want on it. Some will walk away and buy something else if they cannot get what they want, not all potential Camaro buyers are die-hards, most are not.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
well...you CAN get an SS in blue so not to worry.

I agree with you on the options...I wish we could order our cars EXACTLY the way we wanted...but that's how it is these days...not just with GM. I'd like all the options of the 2SS, but DO NOT want leather.:mad: So I'm "settling" for a 1SS...but I see it as I'll have more $$ to make it go faster.:D

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Let me say this: we talked at length with our 'disciples' about various options.

What you don't see is the 'cost' to offer 'individual' options...........it's ENORMOUS...............

we are not completely oblivious -- we, too, are enthusiasts........but we have the ability to see 'costs' --

Both blues are available - HUD will be available in later years. (there ARE reasons for that.......)

The bottom line: we are listening to you -- but we can't always make the changes you'd like.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The fact that you can buy a sexy, 422 HP, RWD, 6 speed, dual exhaust, American muscle car for a tick over $30K should negate just about all quibbling. Leather, HUD, halo rings, roof ditch molding, red vs silver SS badges......Bah. Rejoice in what you ARE getting for the money. For that price they can keep the stereo, NAV, bluetooth, Ipod integration and I wouldn't complain. But that's just me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you Fbodfather for verifying that both blues are available (I'm guessing you mean on the SS as well as the LS and LT). In my mind no other color compares to blue and I really want any Camaro I buy to be one of those 2 shades of blue. One of the biggest decisions is do I like Aqua Blue Metallic or Imperial Blue Metallic better. If I saw two Camaros one Aqua Blue Metallic, the other Imperial Blue Metallic, I would more likely buy the one with the better equipment package (barring an even better equipped Blue Camaro).

Oh yeah, dual exhaust on all models is nice. Dual Exhausts, IMO, look way better than single exhaust. Symmetry and all.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I saw two Camaros one Aqua Blue Metallic, the other Imperial Blue Metallic, I would more likely buy the one with the better equipment package (barring an even better equipped Blue Camaro).
Why wait to see what a dealer will order? You can go look at the colors now and order it any way you want to option it. Go to a Chevrolet dealer and take a look at the color chart that is available. The Fleet Manager should be able to sit down with you and check off what you'd like and get you in the queue. It really is that simple! Oh, and don't pay over MSRP. There are a lot of dealers out there willing to sell at that price.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
All I wanna know is one thing....(you can keep the HUD, keep the blues, give me yellow)...

any idea on WHEN the dealerships going to take orders for convertibles?? I'm itching to order one, but if I'm relegated to only a hard top, I'm buying a Hurst/Challenger instead.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
All I wanna know is one thing....(you can keep the HUD, keep the blues, give me yellow)...

any idea on WHEN the dealerships going to take orders for convertibles?? I'm itching to order one, but if I'm relegated to only a hard top, I'm buying a Hurst/Challenger instead.

it might be a little while...I heard it was being delayed.:(

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.