Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is a lot of you 5th gen camaro guys out there that this car is your first real mucsle car since the 70's or 80'. Your used to the theory, "to make power you have to sacrafice fuel economy". I am here to inform you that the times have changed, and to let you know if you are a guy looking for fuel mileage then you and the guy wanting power are going to be purchasing the same parts.

That's right, now you can justify the parts your buying to your wife. For instance the cold air intake and tune, adds a remarkable 36 rwhp and 39 ftlbs of torque, all the while resulting in better fuel economy. Even a supercharger, get fantastic performance while gaining fuel mileage. I'm not talkin a slight difference in fuel mileage I'm talkin 4-6 miles per gallon better.

This is Todd with LSR Performance and i just have been getting a lot of questions lately from guys that are stuck in the past or just are confused on what they are reading or hearing in the aftermarket world. To those guys i say this, "Your not in Kansas anymore". so, feel free to give me a call, I will be more than happy to answer any question, discuss any concerns, or assist with any decision making.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That post sounds rather condecending, and is obviously a canned advertisement, and so last week (justify to your wife? What about the female owners here?). Feel free to give them a call with no phone number to call them...that's really lame. Plus, only 2 posts? Who are you?

Ignoring post due to the nature and delivery of the content. Smells like SPAM. You also should have to pay a sponsor fee before you try and hawk stuff as a company rep.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
That post sounds rather condecending, and is obviously a canned advertisement, and so last week (justify to your wife? What about the female owners here?). Feel free to give them a call with no phone number to call them...that's really lame. Plus, only 2 posts? Who are you?

Ignoring post due to the nature and delivery of the content. Smells like SPAM. You also should have to pay a sponsor fee before you try and hawk stuff as a company rep.
he is a sponsor (LSR Performance)...but I agree, it kinda comes across as a bit pompous. Not everyone who is married needs to justify everything to their wives. Would have worked better if it was done in more of a joking manner:lol:...sorry, just saying.:rolleyes:

And sorry...NO one who gets a supercharger (or even other mods) is going to get 4-6mpg better...because they aren't going to be able to keep their pedal off the floor.:p

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Actually guys, you'd be surprised...

When you put a supercharger on a LS3/L99 - it does get better gas mileage ...and it gets quieter too!

Don't really know why or how, but it's kinda cool. :D
Trust me, I know! :D But I didn't put it on for gas mileage. Nor any other component for that matter. I just find it odd that gas mileage even comes into the equation with this type of car... :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts