Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures can be very deceiving. I just got back from the Carlisle car show and they had every color Camaro and as it turns out I will be officially changing my order to the color that I never even took a second look at online.... Imperial Blue Metallic is absolutely stunning in person and pictures cannot do it justice. Originally I ordered IOM and I thought I loved it according to some pictures on here but as I walked up to the Camaro's I thought the IOM was actually RED and it looks different every single time I looked at another IOM Camaro it looked different depending on exact lighting. Black is my favorite color but after 12 years of owning black I am tired of trying to keep them clean and IBM is def the next best thing for me. Also I thought I loved ABM from the pictures I saw online but it looked totally different in person not as blue as it seemed and too much greenish tint for me.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
IBM would have been my color choice, but we got my wifes HHR in IBM so I didn't want twin colors in the driveway. It's not as bad as keeping black paint clean, but almost. If you wash once every two weeks, then you'll be fine. IBM with white or Silver Ice rally and hockeys, that's the ticket.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Same here... I originally ordered black but then looked at the IBM in person on an H3, no Camaros out yet, and said this is it changed my order 3 days later

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good to hear since that is what I ordered with CGM Stripes. I am hoping they will be sumwhat subdued against the IBM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ABM looks terrible on the car. I was dead set on ordering one in ABM, but after I saw one in person, no ah ah. I ordered mine in IBM. If you are thinking of ordering one in ABM, just look at a HHR witht he aqua, I am pretty sure it is the same color. However, if you ordered one in ABM, you would have a rare car, not that many are ordered in ABM. I am in the Detroit area and I see lots of the silver, orange, bright red and the maroon, oops, of course yellow. I saw a IBM SS in the show room 2 weeks ago, with the beige leather, very nice, ordered the same combo in a 2LT, with the RS package, (which better be on the car when I get it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts