Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, I apologizes in advance.

Question for the people buying new Camaros. Have any of you purchased the platinum, gold or silver warranty options they offer when buying from the Chevy dealer? I ordered and signed the papers on a new 2014 2LT/RS in white with the blue accent trim package and will be picking it up sometime this week. I'm just curious if its worth doing so or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
platinum, gold and silver are not GM warranties. It will be an aftermarket warranty. We sell 3 different ones at our dealership.

Just depends on what you want in life I guess. Repairs can get expensive, pay for them up front by purchasing an extended warranty and hope you use it, or pay for it later when you might not have the extra cash.. All just a gamble.. We sell a lot of them.. and we use the extended warranties a lot for the customer. Cars WILL break.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Warranty's have their ups and downs !
#1. great for those that don't plan on Mod-ing or like kc0.. said ;)
#2. if you get one, get one that you feel works best for you, your driving habits.
#3. Any warranty will not be covered, on any MOD's, the MOD has to have its own warranty &
usually the responsibility of the owner to repair or replace.
Note, very few exceptions apply, depending on the MOD & the dealer, so if your not sure of the MOD ask your dealer ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the GM extended warranty since my car was a first-year model. So far, I have 75,000 miles on my car and I haven't needed it. I still like the piece-of-mind I get. If you decide to get one, search GM dealers online. I saved a bunch of money by getting mine from an online dealer in another state.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Beware of those aftermarket warranties. My father bought an F250 in the early 90's and when he went in for warranty work one year after the factory warranty expired, they claimed that the company went bankrupt and so no warranty was honored. It was for sheets of paint peeling from the roof after 3 1/2 years.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Beware of those aftermarket warranties. My father bought an F250 in the early 90's and when he went in for warranty work one year after the factory warranty expired, they claimed that the company went bankrupt and so no warranty was honored. It was for sheets of paint peeling from the roof after 3 1/2 years.
Law suit... I'd be telling your poppa to file one on them, even if they went out of business, he might be able to recoop some of his money :D + ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
paint wasn't so good 21 years ago huh?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
If I change my own oils (engine, tranny, and diff) will it void the warranty?
No.... as long as you keep all your receipts & log all the work, date, time, miles & product's used, make sure that the products you use are what the manufacture recommends or equivalent (same or better) to the product.
For example; I'm using Valvoline SYNpower SAE 5W-30W, its full synthetic oil, witch IMO, exceeds the recommended manufacture's oil, that's a battle the manufacture won't dispute when it comes to Warranty vs a law suit !
Tho their are things, they consider are worthy fighting over, like MOD's that could improve your automobile like.. exhaust, so choose your battles wisely ;)
Hope this helps ?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
If I change my own oils (engine, tranny, and diff) will it void the warranty?
Technically yes it can (on an extended warranty)...because you HAVE TO SHOW PROOF that you've done ALL the recommended service work on your car or your warranty will not be honored. So if you do your own work and you have NO PROOF that the work was done and it can put your extended warranty in jeopardy.

I found this out the hard way with my first extended warranty purchase (on a Ford E150) when the transmission went out at 36,800 miles. They (the warranty company, not Ford) tried to not cover the repair because I had no paperwork showing that I had done the 30,000 service check ($800 worth of crap...lol) but I was eventually able to get them to cover it since the 30,000 mile service interval doesn't do anything to or for the transmission anyway. I was very grateful that the dealership's service dept. went to bat for me and got the extended warranty company to cover the transmission replacement in full.

So just keep this in mind...if a major failure occurs...any and all aftermarket warranty companies will require that you prove your are taking proper care of the car before covering anything under the extended warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts