Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take my wife's 2SS LS-3, in for it's first warrenty work. August production, 1000 miles. It has a clicking in the drive train at low speeds. The radio constantly loses the current date, I believe I read there was a reprogram for that. Are there any other issues that should be looked into? Just wondering if there are any service bulletins out that I'm not aware of.
Thanks

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
theres a recal on the spoiler bolts. have them put loctite on them. also they are supposed to check the engine harness and something else. i had mine checkes last week. they can change the differential fluid under warranty too if you tell them. its in the owners manual about it being done by a certain mileage. i think 1500.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
theres a recal on the spoiler bolts. have them put loctite on them. also they are supposed to check the engine harness and something else. i had mine checkes last week. they can change the differential fluid under warranty too if you tell them. its in the owners manual about it being done by a certain mileage. i think 1500.
they changed your diff fluid under warranty?:confused:

spoiler bolt issue was only on early builds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't recall reading that in the manual... I'll have to check than in the morning..... you don't happen to have a page number do you?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
they changed your diff fluid under warranty?:confused:

spoiler bolt issue was only on early builds.
yeah. mine was an early build. i had 2 bolts rattling around in my trunk. and my diff fluid was under warranty. and they used royal purple:D

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I don't recall reading that in the manual... I'll have to check than in the morning..... you don't happen to have a page number do you?
this was talked about in the powertrain section under gears i think. red jewel 2ss pointed this out to me. and my service dept did it under warranty.

·
8,984 Posts
Front Header panel rubbing on fenders and chipping paint. Dealer install spacers and repaints.

·
Registered
43 Posts
this was talked about in the powertrain section under gears i think. red jewel 2ss pointed this out to me. and my service dept did it under warranty.
I just checked the online version of the manual and did not find anywhere that indicated the lube to be changed at 1500mi. References (rear axle) on pages 8-38, 9-30 and 10-7

edit:

page 8-17 Starting and
Operating
New Vehicle Break-In
Notice: Follow these
recommended guidelines during
the first 2 414 km/1,500 miles of
driving this vehicle. Parts have a
break-in period and performance
will be better in the long run.
• For the first 2 414 km/
1,500 miles: