Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen a few threads about how low the front clip is on the new Camaro, and how someone nearly tore theirs off after backing away from a parking curb. I didn't pay it much attention until yesterday, when I had two close calls! The first was when I parked nose-in at a high (about 8"-10") curb. I thought the pointed chin was far enough away from it, until I got out and looked, and saw it was about 2" away!! :eek: Now I adjust more, or back in.
The next one was at what I thought was a low enough parking curb, and it was, only when I look at it after getting out, the small black rubber lip is barely above it. In fact, it very slightly scraped when backing out. No damage, and the marks came off, but I was thinking; '****!, I really need to watch that! :lol:.
So, fellow Camaro owners, watch your chin! (it's worse than Jay Leno:lol:).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I am so used to being in a truck that I didn't worry about curbs, but I learned quick it would be a better idea to back the camaro in. Make use of those sensors baby.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know I've seen a few threads about how low the front clip is on the new Camaro, and how someone nearly tore theirs off after backing away from a parking curb.
it is low...but...the guy that practicaly tore his front fascia off had just lowered his SS, so it was sitting a little lower then normal. However you are correct, still need to be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts