Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the oil today and was a little worried. I noticed that a lot of fluid kept dripping down from the transmission after starting the car once done with the oil change. It was clear and looked like water at first. I still had some residue on my hands from changing the oil so when I touched it at first it felt really slimy and smelled. After washing my hands real well, the best I can tell it is pure water.

Where does the water drip down from the AC running? Usually I found it dripped from the front passenger side engine bay on most cars I have owned. This one is a drip directly over the transmission on the drivers side of the car. Just seems a bit odd to me to see it there. At first I thought it was only because I had the front end of the car raised, but after I had it back level the drip appeared to be coming from the same location. Just curious, I know it isn't any fluids related to the car mechanically.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am sure that is it, I just don't get how its dripping halfway done the length of the car from the front unless designed to do so. It just doesn't seem right when you see where its dripping.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I usually turn the AC off before I get home and let it blow dry as I drive. I wipe all aluminum as well. It this over the top? All my pipes are shined to a chrome like finish.

·
Registered
51 Posts
a friend of mine has a 3rd gen and he had the same problem a few days ago...he thought he had a cracked block cause water was coming from that area, but it was actually dripping onto the block...it was the hose going to the heater control valve...the hose had a crack and was leaking water on the block, so you might want to check your HCV and hoses to and from the radiator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts